Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Samson Siasia appointed as Nigeria manager ahead of Egypt clash
The Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) has the announced the appointment Samson Siasia as the manager of the Nigerian football team ahead of the clash against Egypt.
Following the resignation of the former coach Sunday Oliesh, NFF were considering four candidates to become the manager as Siasia was the nearest one for the job as Kingfut exclusively had mentioned.
Samson Siasia will guide the Nigerian national team for the second time in his career. The Nigerian was previously appointed as the manager of the Super Eagles in 2010 but was sacked from his position after they had failed to qualify to 2012 African Cup of Nations.
The Nigeria Football Federation also announced on their website that the Technical and Developmental Committee in the federation has decided on Emmanuel Amuneke, Salisu Yusuf and Alloy Agu to assist Siasia.
Emmanuel Amuneke, the former Zamalek player, was the head coach of the Nigerian U-17 football team that won the U-17 FIFA world cup in Chile. While Salisu and Agu were already a part of the technical staff led by Oliseh.
Egypt are currently leading group G with six points, two away from Nigeria. Both teams will face off in a double-header in March 2016 to seal a place in 2017 African Cup of Nations.