Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Omonoia thrash Enosis in league match
Karim Hafez’s Omonoia thrash Enosis 4-1 in their Cyprus league tie.
Omonoia thrash Enosis in a one sided league to continue their good form. They had four different scorers with Hafez featuring for 90 minutes.
The early phases saw both teams get scoring chances. It was only a matter of time, though, till the stronger Omonoia take full charge of the game.
Ivan Runje headed, from a corner kick, at the near post on 22 minutes to make it 1-0. Only four minutes later, Omonoia scored again through, DRC player, Badibanga. He scrambled home a ball parried by the Enosis goalkeeper.
Bukorac pulled one back for the home side, against the run of play, in the 38th minute. Nevertheless, the visitors continued to dominate but could not add onto their lead.
They stepped up four minutes into the second half to make it 3-1. Sheridan tapped home at the far post. This was after great work by Badibanga forced a punch from the Enosis goalkeeper.
Omonoia then looked to cruise to the result. They managed to get the occasional chance against an outclassed opponent.
Roushias scored a wonderful goal in the 88th minute to wrap up the game. He beat the goalkeeper before placing the ball into an empty net. Thus sealing a 4-1 away win.
Omonoia thrash Enosis and continued their run of wins. The result leaves them only two points off fourth place; with 46 points.