Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Gary Caldwell praises Sam Morsy
“Sam’s a great footballer, someone who’s very confident in possession of the ball,” added the Scottish manager.
Caldwell said that Wigan’s style suits Morsy well as he can get on the ball and control games.
“I wanted him to be more expressive today, with his range of passing, and I thought he did that,” he added. “He switched play well, he played in between lines, and he kept it simple when it was on.”
Egypt-eligible midfielder recently moved from Chesterfield to English League One rivals Wigan Athletic in a deal that costed Wigan £250,000 for a two-and-a-half year contract.