Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Gary Caldwell praises Sam Morsy
“Sam’s a great footballer, someone who’s very confident in possession of the ball,” added the Scottish manager.
Caldwell said that Wigan’s style suits Morsy well as he can get on the ball and control games.
“I wanted him to be more expressive today, with his range of passing, and I thought he did that,” he added. “He switched play well, he played in between lines, and he kept it simple when it was on.”
Egypt-eligible midfielder recently moved from Chesterfield to English League One rivals Wigan Athletic in a deal that costed Wigan £250,000 for a two-and-a-half year contract.