Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Smouha win silver at Arab Volleyball Clubs Championship
Smouha SC have secured the second place in the 2016 Arab Volleyball Clubs Champions Championship held in Tunisia.
The 34th edition of the championship was held in Sousse and Masaken, Tunisia between 19 February and 28 February.
Étoile Sportive du Sahel won the gold medal while the Egyptian team came second after the Tunisian side beat Smouha 3-1 (25-19, 25-18, 19-25 and 31-29) in the final.
Smouha reached the final after defeating Tunisian CS Sfaxien 3-2, while Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated Libyan Asswehly SC 3-1 in the semi-final. CS Sfaxien clinched the bronze medal after defeating Asswehly SC 3-0.
Smouha SC was the only club to represent Egypt in this championship. Moreover, this is the first time for the Alexandria-based club to win the championship’s sliver medal.