Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Smouha win silver at Arab Volleyball Clubs Championship
Smouha SC have secured the second place in the 2016 Arab Volleyball Clubs Champions Championship held in Tunisia.
The 34th edition of the championship was held in Sousse and Masaken, Tunisia between 19 February and 28 February.
Étoile Sportive du Sahel won the gold medal while the Egyptian team came second after the Tunisian side beat Smouha 3-1 (25-19, 25-18, 19-25 and 31-29) in the final.
Smouha reached the final after defeating Tunisian CS Sfaxien 3-2, while Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated Libyan Asswehly SC 3-1 in the semi-final. CS Sfaxien clinched the bronze medal after defeating Asswehly SC 3-0.
Smouha SC was the only club to represent Egypt in this championship. Moreover, this is the first time for the Alexandria-based club to win the championship’s sliver medal.