Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Smouha win silver at Arab Volleyball Clubs Championship
Smouha SC have secured the second place in the 2016 Arab Volleyball Clubs Champions Championship held in Tunisia.
The 34th edition of the championship was held in Sousse and Masaken, Tunisia between 19 February and 28 February.
Étoile Sportive du Sahel won the gold medal while the Egyptian team came second after the Tunisian side beat Smouha 3-1 (25-19, 25-18, 19-25 and 31-29) in the final.
Smouha reached the final after defeating Tunisian CS Sfaxien 3-2, while Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated Libyan Asswehly SC 3-1 in the semi-final. CS Sfaxien clinched the bronze medal after defeating Asswehly SC 3-0.
Smouha SC was the only club to represent Egypt in this championship. Moreover, this is the first time for the Alexandria-based club to win the championship’s sliver medal.