In episode two of the revamped KingFut podcast, host Ahmed Assem...
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
Smouha win silver at Arab Volleyball Clubs Championship
Smouha SC have secured the second place in the 2016 Arab Volleyball Clubs Champions Championship held in Tunisia.
The 34th edition of the championship was held in Sousse and Masaken, Tunisia between 19 February and 28 February.
Étoile Sportive du Sahel won the gold medal while the Egyptian team came second after the Tunisian side beat Smouha 3-1 (25-19, 25-18, 19-25 and 31-29) in the final.
Smouha reached the final after defeating Tunisian CS Sfaxien 3-2, while Étoile Sportive du Sahel defeated Libyan Asswehly SC 3-1 in the semi-final. CS Sfaxien clinched the bronze medal after defeating Asswehly SC 3-0.
Smouha SC was the only club to represent Egypt in this championship. Moreover, this is the first time for the Alexandria-based club to win the championship’s sliver medal.