KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Egyptian Football Association: Israel friendly impossible
The Egyptian Football Association have flatly refused a suggestion to face the Israel national team for the second time, after declining a previous offer in 2010.
The Israeli Football Association requested to face the Egyptian team just after Tawfik Okasha was hit with a shoe during a Senate meeting, due to his agreement to have dinner with the Israeli ambassador.
The request comes six years after the then-AFCON champions refused to face the Israeli team after their victorious campaign in Angola.
The IFA’s statement reads: “The main objective behind the request is to break the barriers between the two countries and to spread a peaceful atmosphere.”
EFA media spokesman Azmy Megahed is adamant that the notion of the national team facing the Israeli team is impossible, and that an agreement will not be reached.
Megahed added that Israel sent their request after both countries applied to host the Youth Basketball World Cup, and that Israel are trying to convince Egypt to withdraw their bid, but Megahed has confirmed that Egypt have no intention of stepping down.
“We will not agree to any matches with the Israel national team or any Israeli clubs. The idea of facing Israel is unacceptable to us because the Egyptian people would never agree to it,” he concluded.