The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Mido: Mansour cannot question my loyalty
Ex-Zamalek player and manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ revealed on Monday night how the current club president manages the club behind the scenes.
Mido – who appeared on television with Amr Adeeb – said, “I just want to clarify to the fans and anyone who is watching today that am not attacking the identity of the club, but the arrogance and the character of the Zamalek president.”
“I joined Zamalek Sporting Club in 1991, ahead of Mortada Mansour’s arrival in 1992. I was named in Zamalek’s youth squad at 7 years old,” he continued.
“You should know that Mortada Mansour was an Al Ahly fan, and he chose to be an Ahly member before being kicked out by former president Saleh Selim, so he can’t question my loyalty towards the club, but his,” the 33-year-old claimed.
“The Zamalek president is destroying the club with his attitude and managerial style, he loves propaganda and the idea of being the center of attention. Mortada Mansour invited me and Hazem Emam to his house, to request that we bench Bassem Morsi and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ for ‘superstitious reasons’, which surprised us.
“After the draw against Smouha SC we knew that the end was near, but we couldn’t quit due to the importance of the following two games against Ismaily and Al Ahly,” Mido exlaimed.
In response to Mansour’s unsavoury comments towards him, Mido said, “I have filed a complaint against Mortada Mansour in Egyptian court as well as FIFA’s Ethics Committee.
“He should be banned by FIFA for his racist comments towards me, and he should also be sentenced to jail for defamation in Egypt.”
Finally the former Ajax and Tottenham concluded by saying, “Mortada Mansour’s threats means nothing to me, and the people should be aware that I won’t back off and will continue till the end as I have faith in the courts and FIFA to exact justice.”