Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
Mido: Mansour cannot question my loyalty
Ex-Zamalek player and manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ revealed on Monday night how the current club president manages the club behind the scenes.
Mido – who appeared on television with Amr Adeeb – said, “I just want to clarify to the fans and anyone who is watching today that am not attacking the identity of the club, but the arrogance and the character of the Zamalek president.”
“I joined Zamalek Sporting Club in 1991, ahead of Mortada Mansour’s arrival in 1992. I was named in Zamalek’s youth squad at 7 years old,” he continued.
“You should know that Mortada Mansour was an Al Ahly fan, and he chose to be an Ahly member before being kicked out by former president Saleh Selim, so he can’t question my loyalty towards the club, but his,” the 33-year-old claimed.
“The Zamalek president is destroying the club with his attitude and managerial style, he loves propaganda and the idea of being the center of attention. Mortada Mansour invited me and Hazem Emam to his house, to request that we bench Bassem Morsi and Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ for ‘superstitious reasons’, which surprised us.
“After the draw against Smouha SC we knew that the end was near, but we couldn’t quit due to the importance of the following two games against Ismaily and Al Ahly,” Mido exlaimed.
In response to Mansour’s unsavoury comments towards him, Mido said, “I have filed a complaint against Mortada Mansour in Egyptian court as well as FIFA’s Ethics Committee.
“He should be banned by FIFA for his racist comments towards me, and he should also be sentenced to jail for defamation in Egypt.”
Finally the former Ajax and Tottenham concluded by saying, “Mortada Mansour’s threats means nothing to me, and the people should be aware that I won’t back off and will continue till the end as I have faith in the courts and FIFA to exact justice.”