Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
VIDEO: Smouha edge El-Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
After being reappointed as the club’s manager, Helmy Toulan has guided the Alexandrian club to a win in his first game with the club.
Ahmed Temsah put Smouha in the lead 20 minutes into the first half through a shot from outside of the box.
Eight minutes later Smouha doubled their lead through Hossam Paolo. Mohamed Hamdi Zaki’s low cross was met by Paolo whose left footed shot found the top corner of the net as the Egyptian striker scored his tenth goal of the season.
Three minutes into the second half, Al Ahly loanee, Mohamed Hamdi Zaki, scored his team’s third goal. Zaki met Temsah’s corner with his head leaving El-Maqassa’s keeper with no chance.
Nevertheless, Ehab Galal’s men managed to narrow the lead after three minutes. Nana Poku and Hassan Fathi scored two goal with in four minutes to help Misr El-Maqqassa get back into the game.
Smouha scored as the fourth goal as Misr El-Maqassa’s defender Ahmed Said ‘Okka’ scored into his own net one minute later. Moroccan striker Omar El-Najdi pulled one back for El-Maqassa through a shot from inside the box into Mahdi Soliman’s net 19 minutes before the end of the game.
Smouha managed to hold onto the three points as the game ended 4-3.
The win helped Smouha to climb into the fifth place with 31 points as Misr El-Maqasssa stayed in the fourth position with 33 points.