Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Egypt women volleyball team withdraws from Olympics playoff
Egypt women volleyball team has withdrawn from Rio 2016 Olympic qualifiers playoff.
Egyptian Volleyball Federation (EVF) has formally withdrawn Egypt women volleyball team from Olympics 2016 contention.
The team was to participate in the playoffs to determine the intercontinental qualifier. This is after they missed out on automatic qualication.
School final examination is the reason for withdrawing. The exams period coincides with the playoff tournament. Squad members’ parents preferred their children sitting for exams.
Withdrawal was via a letter, sent by EVF president Fouad Abdel Salam, to the international governing body. Egypt was to compete against Colombia, Kenya and Puerto Rico.
The playoffs will take place in Puerto Rico from May 20-22, 2016.