KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Egypt women volleyball team withdraws from Olympics playoff
Egypt women volleyball team has withdrawn from Rio 2016 Olympic qualifiers playoff.
Egyptian Volleyball Federation (EVF) has formally withdrawn Egypt women volleyball team from Olympics 2016 contention.
The team was to participate in the playoffs to determine the intercontinental qualifier. This is after they missed out on automatic qualication.
School final examination is the reason for withdrawing. The exams period coincides with the playoff tournament. Squad members’ parents preferred their children sitting for exams.
Withdrawal was via a letter, sent by EVF president Fouad Abdel Salam, to the international governing body. Egypt was to compete against Colombia, Kenya and Puerto Rico.
The playoffs will take place in Puerto Rico from May 20-22, 2016.