Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Egypt women volleyball team withdraws from Olympics playoff
Egypt women volleyball team has withdrawn from Rio 2016 Olympic qualifiers playoff.
Egyptian Volleyball Federation (EVF) has formally withdrawn Egypt women volleyball team from Olympics 2016 contention.
The team was to participate in the playoffs to determine the intercontinental qualifier. This is after they missed out on automatic qualication.
School final examination is the reason for withdrawing. The exams period coincides with the playoff tournament. Squad members’ parents preferred their children sitting for exams.
Withdrawal was via a letter, sent by EVF president Fouad Abdel Salam, to the international governing body. Egypt was to compete against Colombia, Kenya and Puerto Rico.
The playoffs will take place in Puerto Rico from May 20-22, 2016.