Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger made a round up on the team’s injured...
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
- Anderlecht coach: Trezeguet is developing well away from the spotlight
Nigeria manager Siasia looks to recall retirees for Egypt
Nigeria are set to face Egypt on March 25 for the 2017 African Cup of Nations Group G qualifiers, and manager Siasia has talked about his squad for the match.
On the players he will choose for the squad list, Siasia said he’ll choose the players with most commitment to be able to represent Nigeria and qualify.
“The coaching staff will sit down and make up a list, we’ll look for players that can help the team and try bringing back Vincent Enyeama and Emmanuel Emenike who retired last year.”
Former Nigeria captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama announced his retirement from international football in October, 2015 with West Ham striker Emmanuel Emenike retiring 11 days later.
On the possibility of returning to the Super Eagles Enyeama commented to Nigerian radio station BrilaFM saying: “I’m done with the Super Eagles and I’m making it clear once again that I will not return.
“It’s my decision and I will not change it. I am sorry if I have offended anyone regarding this, but there will be no Eagles return for me.”
It’s worth noting that Samson Siasia was announced Super Eagles coach after former manager Sunday Oliseh announced his resignation in February.