Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Nigeria manager Siasia looks to recall retirees for Egypt
Nigeria are set to face Egypt on March 25 for the 2017 African Cup of Nations Group G qualifiers, and manager Siasia has talked about his squad for the match.
On the players he will choose for the squad list, Siasia said he’ll choose the players with most commitment to be able to represent Nigeria and qualify.
“The coaching staff will sit down and make up a list, we’ll look for players that can help the team and try bringing back Vincent Enyeama and Emmanuel Emenike who retired last year.”
Former Nigeria captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama announced his retirement from international football in October, 2015 with West Ham striker Emmanuel Emenike retiring 11 days later.
On the possibility of returning to the Super Eagles Enyeama commented to Nigerian radio station BrilaFM saying: “I’m done with the Super Eagles and I’m making it clear once again that I will not return.
“It’s my decision and I will not change it. I am sorry if I have offended anyone regarding this, but there will be no Eagles return for me.”
It’s worth noting that Samson Siasia was announced Super Eagles coach after former manager Sunday Oliseh announced his resignation in February.