Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Nigeria manager Siasia looks to recall retirees for Egypt
Nigeria are set to face Egypt on March 25 for the 2017 African Cup of Nations Group G qualifiers, and manager Siasia has talked about his squad for the match.
On the players he will choose for the squad list, Siasia said he’ll choose the players with most commitment to be able to represent Nigeria and qualify.
“The coaching staff will sit down and make up a list, we’ll look for players that can help the team and try bringing back Vincent Enyeama and Emmanuel Emenike who retired last year.”
Former Nigeria captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama announced his retirement from international football in October, 2015 with West Ham striker Emmanuel Emenike retiring 11 days later.
On the possibility of returning to the Super Eagles Enyeama commented to Nigerian radio station BrilaFM saying: “I’m done with the Super Eagles and I’m making it clear once again that I will not return.
“It’s my decision and I will not change it. I am sorry if I have offended anyone regarding this, but there will be no Eagles return for me.”
It’s worth noting that Samson Siasia was announced Super Eagles coach after former manager Sunday Oliseh announced his resignation in February.