KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Nigeria manager Siasia looks to recall retirees for Egypt
Nigeria are set to face Egypt on March 25 for the 2017 African Cup of Nations Group G qualifiers, and manager Siasia has talked about his squad for the match.
On the players he will choose for the squad list, Siasia said he’ll choose the players with most commitment to be able to represent Nigeria and qualify.
“The coaching staff will sit down and make up a list, we’ll look for players that can help the team and try bringing back Vincent Enyeama and Emmanuel Emenike who retired last year.”
Former Nigeria captain and goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama announced his retirement from international football in October, 2015 with West Ham striker Emmanuel Emenike retiring 11 days later.
On the possibility of returning to the Super Eagles Enyeama commented to Nigerian radio station BrilaFM saying: “I’m done with the Super Eagles and I’m making it clear once again that I will not return.
“It’s my decision and I will not change it. I am sorry if I have offended anyone regarding this, but there will be no Eagles return for me.”
It’s worth noting that Samson Siasia was announced Super Eagles coach after former manager Sunday Oliseh announced his resignation in February.