Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Mahmoud Taher: Martin Jol will change Egyptian Football
The Red Devils announced earlier in a press conference that the Dutch manager will takeover for a period of a year and a half.
Speaking to an Egyptian talk show, Taher said: “we only want the best for Al Ahly. Martin Jol has all the characteristics we were looking for. He’s the manager we hoped for.”
“Martin Jol is a huge name in the world of football, and Al Ahly is always on the front foot before anyone else.” he added.
“Jol surely knows the club’s stature, and the expectations of the fans. We will not accepting anything other than winning trophies.”
Taher also mentioned that he believes that Jol will enhance the quality of Egyptian football as a whole and not only at Al Ahly.
“All what you’re hearing about Jol’s wages is simply not true. Al Ahly are going to pay Jol’s salary, but if anyone’s willing to pitch in and help the club, then they’re welcome,” he concluded.
Martin Jol will watch his new side from the stands today as they face Petrojet. He will officially take over from tomorrow.