AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Mahmoud Taher: Martin Jol will change Egyptian Football
The Red Devils announced earlier in a press conference that the Dutch manager will takeover for a period of a year and a half.
Speaking to an Egyptian talk show, Taher said: “we only want the best for Al Ahly. Martin Jol has all the characteristics we were looking for. He’s the manager we hoped for.”
“Martin Jol is a huge name in the world of football, and Al Ahly is always on the front foot before anyone else.” he added.
“Jol surely knows the club’s stature, and the expectations of the fans. We will not accepting anything other than winning trophies.”
Taher also mentioned that he believes that Jol will enhance the quality of Egyptian football as a whole and not only at Al Ahly.
“All what you’re hearing about Jol’s wages is simply not true. Al Ahly are going to pay Jol’s salary, but if anyone’s willing to pitch in and help the club, then they’re welcome,” he concluded.
Martin Jol will watch his new side from the stands today as they face Petrojet. He will officially take over from tomorrow.