Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Mahmoud Taher: Martin Jol will change Egyptian Football
The Red Devils announced earlier in a press conference that the Dutch manager will takeover for a period of a year and a half.
Speaking to an Egyptian talk show, Taher said: “we only want the best for Al Ahly. Martin Jol has all the characteristics we were looking for. He’s the manager we hoped for.”
“Martin Jol is a huge name in the world of football, and Al Ahly is always on the front foot before anyone else.” he added.
“Jol surely knows the club’s stature, and the expectations of the fans. We will not accepting anything other than winning trophies.”
Taher also mentioned that he believes that Jol will enhance the quality of Egyptian football as a whole and not only at Al Ahly.
“All what you’re hearing about Jol’s wages is simply not true. Al Ahly are going to pay Jol’s salary, but if anyone’s willing to pitch in and help the club, then they’re welcome,” he concluded.
Martin Jol will watch his new side from the stands today as they face Petrojet. He will officially take over from tomorrow.