Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Mahmoud Taher: Martin Jol will change Egyptian Football
The Red Devils announced earlier in a press conference that the Dutch manager will takeover for a period of a year and a half.
Speaking to an Egyptian talk show, Taher said: “we only want the best for Al Ahly. Martin Jol has all the characteristics we were looking for. He’s the manager we hoped for.”
“Martin Jol is a huge name in the world of football, and Al Ahly is always on the front foot before anyone else.” he added.
“Jol surely knows the club’s stature, and the expectations of the fans. We will not accepting anything other than winning trophies.”
Taher also mentioned that he believes that Jol will enhance the quality of Egyptian football as a whole and not only at Al Ahly.
“All what you’re hearing about Jol’s wages is simply not true. Al Ahly are going to pay Jol’s salary, but if anyone’s willing to pitch in and help the club, then they’re welcome,” he concluded.
Martin Jol will watch his new side from the stands today as they face Petrojet. He will officially take over from tomorrow.