Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Mahmoud Taher: Martin Jol will change Egyptian Football
The Red Devils announced earlier in a press conference that the Dutch manager will takeover for a period of a year and a half.
Speaking to an Egyptian talk show, Taher said: “we only want the best for Al Ahly. Martin Jol has all the characteristics we were looking for. He’s the manager we hoped for.”
“Martin Jol is a huge name in the world of football, and Al Ahly is always on the front foot before anyone else.” he added.
“Jol surely knows the club’s stature, and the expectations of the fans. We will not accepting anything other than winning trophies.”
Taher also mentioned that he believes that Jol will enhance the quality of Egyptian football as a whole and not only at Al Ahly.
“All what you’re hearing about Jol’s wages is simply not true. Al Ahly are going to pay Jol’s salary, but if anyone’s willing to pitch in and help the club, then they’re welcome,” he concluded.
Martin Jol will watch his new side from the stands today as they face Petrojet. He will officially take over from tomorrow.