Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Koka’s Braga reach Taça de Portugal final
Braga’s 1-0 win in the first leg last month was enough to help them advance to this year’s Taça de Portugal final.
The first half was uneventful as Braga set back to defend and hit on the counter. They would come close to an opener in the 16th minute through Andrè Santos after he hit a great effort from inside the box, but Rio Ave goalkeeper Cassio saved well.
Four minutes later, Andre Santos went close again for Braga, but his powerful strike hit the post.
In the second half, Rio Ave manager Pedro Martins introduced Helder Postiga as his side looked for an all-important goal to draw level on aggregate, but Braga kept possession and defended well until the final whistle.
Braga’s opponent will be the winner of the other semi-final tie, between Porto and Gil Vicente. The former currently lead the tie 3-0 on aggregate after the first leg and are favorites to advance.
The final is scheduled to be played on the 22nd of May, at the Estadio Nacional in Lisbon.