Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Koka’s Braga reach Taça de Portugal final
Braga’s 1-0 win in the first leg last month was enough to help them advance to this year’s Taça de Portugal final.
The first half was uneventful as Braga set back to defend and hit on the counter. They would come close to an opener in the 16th minute through Andrè Santos after he hit a great effort from inside the box, but Rio Ave goalkeeper Cassio saved well.
Four minutes later, Andre Santos went close again for Braga, but his powerful strike hit the post.
In the second half, Rio Ave manager Pedro Martins introduced Helder Postiga as his side looked for an all-important goal to draw level on aggregate, but Braga kept possession and defended well until the final whistle.
Braga’s opponent will be the winner of the other semi-final tie, between Porto and Gil Vicente. The former currently lead the tie 3-0 on aggregate after the first leg and are favorites to advance.
The final is scheduled to be played on the 22nd of May, at the Estadio Nacional in Lisbon.