Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Karim Hafez assists in Omonia victory over AEL Limassol
Egyptian left-back Karim Hafez assisted to help Omonia seal a home victory over AEL Lamissol in the 26th round of the Cypriot league.
Arkadiusz Piech put the visitors in front against Omonia after 31 minutes. The Polish striker headed Georgios Eleftheriou’s cross into the bottom corner of the net.
Two minutes before the end of the first half the hosts managed to equalize through Andraz Kirm with a massive shot from the edge of the box.
The Slovenia international Kirm scored his second goal of the game to give Omonia the lead. His lob floated over AEL Lamissol’s goalkeeper into the back of the net just 12 minutes into the first half.
Two minutes later, Omonia extended their lead through Ziguy Badibanga. Karim Hafez’s cross found Cillian Sheridan at the near post as he beat the defender before passing to Badibanga, who scored in the empty neat.
AEL pulled a goal back through Republic of Ireland international Adan Aganovic in the 75th minute.
However, Badibanga hit a brace to complete Omonia’s victory. Hafez’s pass found the Belgian winger who again tapped into the empty net in the 85th minute.
The win sends Omonia into the fourth place after taking their tally to 49 points this season, with a five-goal difference lead over Apollon, while AEL Limassol remain 8th with 31 points.