Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
VIDEO: Karim Hafez assists in Omonia victory over AEL Limassol
Egyptian left-back Karim Hafez assisted to help Omonia seal a home victory over AEL Lamissol in the 26th round of the Cypriot league.
Arkadiusz Piech put the visitors in front against Omonia after 31 minutes. The Polish striker headed Georgios Eleftheriou’s cross into the bottom corner of the net.
Two minutes before the end of the first half the hosts managed to equalize through Andraz Kirm with a massive shot from the edge of the box.
The Slovenia international Kirm scored his second goal of the game to give Omonia the lead. His lob floated over AEL Lamissol’s goalkeeper into the back of the net just 12 minutes into the first half.
Two minutes later, Omonia extended their lead through Ziguy Badibanga. Karim Hafez’s cross found Cillian Sheridan at the near post as he beat the defender before passing to Badibanga, who scored in the empty neat.
AEL pulled a goal back through Republic of Ireland international Adan Aganovic in the 75th minute.
However, Badibanga hit a brace to complete Omonia’s victory. Hafez’s pass found the Belgian winger who again tapped into the empty net in the 85th minute.
The win sends Omonia into the fourth place after taking their tally to 49 points this season, with a five-goal difference lead over Apollon, while AEL Limassol remain 8th with 31 points.