Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Trezeguet close to signing permanent Anderlecht deal
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ is close to signing a new deal with Anderlecht to keep him at the club on a permanent basis, according to reports in Belgium.
Trezeguet joined Anderlecht last summer from Al Ahly on a one-season loan.
The 21-year-old midfielder, has only played 107 minutes since joining the club, starting only against Gent. Moreover, Trezeguet hasn’t even been called up to Besnik Hasi’s squad for recent matches.
News outlet Niewsbald published a report claiming that Anderlecht are willing to pay Al Ahly €2.2 million to sign the Egyptian midfielder, in order to keep him for four years at the club.
According to Niewsbald, the Belgian club’s board are confident about Trezeguet’s potential, estimating that his potential is higher than current Roma star Mohamed Salah.
The board believe that Trezeguet just needs to overcome his communication problems in order to start featuring regularly for the team. The club seem to be putting their faith in Trezeguet as one of the replacements for midfielders Suarez and Praet, who are widely expected to leave in the coming months.