Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
Trezeguet close to signing permanent Anderlecht deal
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ is close to signing a new deal with Anderlecht to keep him at the club on a permanent basis, according to reports in Belgium.
Trezeguet joined Anderlecht last summer from Al Ahly on a one-season loan.
The 21-year-old midfielder, has only played 107 minutes since joining the club, starting only against Gent. Moreover, Trezeguet hasn’t even been called up to Besnik Hasi’s squad for recent matches.
News outlet Niewsbald published a report claiming that Anderlecht are willing to pay Al Ahly €2.2 million to sign the Egyptian midfielder, in order to keep him for four years at the club.
According to Niewsbald, the Belgian club’s board are confident about Trezeguet’s potential, estimating that his potential is higher than current Roma star Mohamed Salah.
The board believe that Trezeguet just needs to overcome his communication problems in order to start featuring regularly for the team. The club seem to be putting their faith in Trezeguet as one of the replacements for midfielders Suarez and Praet, who are widely expected to leave in the coming months.