Egypt clinched the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship title after beating...
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
Trezeguet close to signing permanent Anderlecht deal
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ is close to signing a new deal with Anderlecht to keep him at the club on a permanent basis, according to reports in Belgium.
Trezeguet joined Anderlecht last summer from Al Ahly on a one-season loan.
The 21-year-old midfielder, has only played 107 minutes since joining the club, starting only against Gent. Moreover, Trezeguet hasn’t even been called up to Besnik Hasi’s squad for recent matches.
News outlet Niewsbald published a report claiming that Anderlecht are willing to pay Al Ahly €2.2 million to sign the Egyptian midfielder, in order to keep him for four years at the club.
According to Niewsbald, the Belgian club’s board are confident about Trezeguet’s potential, estimating that his potential is higher than current Roma star Mohamed Salah.
The board believe that Trezeguet just needs to overcome his communication problems in order to start featuring regularly for the team. The club seem to be putting their faith in Trezeguet as one of the replacements for midfielders Suarez and Praet, who are widely expected to leave in the coming months.