ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
McLeish: “I must change the players’ mentality”
Alex McLeish, Zamalek’s new head coach, commented aggressively on Zamalek’s 3-1 loss against 10 man El-Entag El-Harby.
McLeish spoke to journalists after the loss against El-Entag El-Harby, mentioning his objectives for the club and stating Zamalek’s weak points. He started off elaborating on his intentions to change the players’ mentality.
After hitting the table aggressively the Scot mentioned “I must change the players mentality.” He added; “Emmanuel Mayuka and Mahmoud Kahraba missed many chances and I don’t know the reason.”
“I have no idea on why we missed so many chances, but I’ll work on it and on improving the defensive line. I’ll do my best to improve the team.” McLeish stated.
“I am very surprised at the defensive line performance. I knew that Ahmed El-Shennawy is Zamalek’s goalkeeper and I’ll have to talk to the players about the reasons behind our loss in our next training.” the manager added aggressively.
McLeish said that he didn’t promise that Zamalek were going to win the League but he’ll work on winning it. With the loss Zamalek stay 6 points away from league leaders and rich rivals Al Ahly, currently sitting 38 points after playing 20 matches.