Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
McLeish: “I must change the players’ mentality”
McLeish spoke to journalists after the loss against El-Entag El-Harby, mentioning his objectives for the club and stating Zamalek’s weak points. He started off elaborating on his intentions to change the players’ mentality.
After hitting the table aggressively the Scot mentioned “I must change the players mentality.” He added; “Emmanuel Mayuka and Mahmoud Kahraba missed many chances and I don’t know the reason.”
McLeish preferred to start with the last formation that lead Zamalek to win in the Egyptian Premier League, with small changes such as the inclusion of Tarek Hamed.
“I have no idea on why we missed so many chances, but I’ll work on it and on improving the defensive line. I’ll do my best to improve the team.” McLeish stated.
“I am very surprised at the defensive line performance. I knew that Ahmed El-Shennawy is Zamalek’s goalkeeper and I’ll have to talk to the players about the reasons behind our loss in our next training.” the manager added aggressively.
McLeish said that he didn’t promise that Zamalek were going to win the League but he’ll work on winning it. With the loss Zamalek stay 6 points away from league leaders and rich rivals Al Ahly, currently sitting 38 points after playing 20 matches.