Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said in recent comments that during his professional career...
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
McLeish: “I must change the players’ mentality”
Alex McLeish, Zamalek’s new head coach, commented aggressively on Zamalek’s 3-1 loss against 10 man El-Entag El-Harby.
McLeish spoke to journalists after the loss against El-Entag El-Harby, mentioning his objectives for the club and stating Zamalek’s weak points. He started off elaborating on his intentions to change the players’ mentality.
After hitting the table aggressively the Scot mentioned “I must change the players mentality.” He added; “Emmanuel Mayuka and Mahmoud Kahraba missed many chances and I don’t know the reason.”
McLeish preferred to start with the last formation that lead Zamalek to win in the Egyptian Premier League, with small changes such as the inclusion of Tarek Hamed.
“I have no idea on why we missed so many chances, but I’ll work on it and on improving the defensive line. I’ll do my best to improve the team.” McLeish stated.
“I am very surprised at the defensive line performance. I knew that Ahmed El-Shennawy is Zamalek’s goalkeeper and I’ll have to talk to the players about the reasons behind our loss in our next training.” the manager added aggressively.
McLeish said that he didn’t promise that Zamalek were going to win the League but he’ll work on winning it. With the loss Zamalek stay 6 points away from league leaders and rich rivals Al Ahly, currently sitting 38 points after playing 20 matches.