Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Mohamed Elneny: I proved my ability to be a starter
Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder, Mohamed Elneny, assured that he felt confident in his first Premier League game as a starter.
The 23-year-old played for 75 minutes before making way for French striker Olivier Giroud in the North London derby between Arsenal and Tottenham, in which the game ended in a 2-2 tie.
In his interview with beIN Sports, Elneny said: “I was not afraid during the game, I know how important the derby is and therefore, I was eager to perform well.”
He added, “Thanks to God, I performed well today, Coquelin’s red card affected us for sure, but on a personal level, I think that the way I played well.
“I proved to everyone that my abilities to be in the starting line up through my performance today, I can feel Wenger’s confidence in me.”
Elneny ended by stating, “What’s coming, God willing, will be better for me and my team.”
Elneny made his second Premier League appearance for Arsenal, after his debut last week in Arsenal’s loss to Manchester United 3-2.
After the tie, Arsenal remains in the third position in the Premier League with 52 points, while Tottenham maintain their second place with 55 points. Arsenal’s next match is against Hull City in the FA Cup, while Tottenham are facing Dortmund in the UEFA Europa League.