ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Mohamed Elneny: I proved my ability to be a starter
The 23-year-old played for 75 minutes before making way for French striker Olivier Giroud in the North London derby between Arsenal and Tottenham, in which the game ended in a 2-2 tie.
In his interview with beIN Sports, Elneny said: “I was not afraid during the game, I know how important the derby is and therefore, I was eager to perform well.”
He added, “Thanks to God, I performed well today, Coquelin’s red card affected us for sure, but on a personal level, I think that the way I played well.
“I proved to everyone that my abilities to be in the starting line up through my performance today, I can feel Wenger’s confidence in me.”
Elneny ended by stating, “What’s coming, God willing, will be better for me and my team.”
Elneny made his second Premier League appearance for Arsenal, after his debut last week in Arsenal’s loss to Manchester United 3-2.
After the tie, Arsenal remains in the third position in the Premier League with 52 points, while Tottenham maintain their second place with 55 points. Arsenal’s next match is against Hull City in the FA Cup, while Tottenham are facing Dortmund in the UEFA Europa League.