Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Mohamed Elneny: I proved my ability to be a starter
The 23-year-old played for 75 minutes before making way for French striker Olivier Giroud in the North London derby between Arsenal and Tottenham, in which the game ended in a 2-2 tie.
In his interview with beIN Sports, Elneny said: “I was not afraid during the game, I know how important the derby is and therefore, I was eager to perform well.”
He added, “Thanks to God, I performed well today, Coquelin’s red card affected us for sure, but on a personal level, I think that the way I played well.
“I proved to everyone that my abilities to be in the starting line up through my performance today, I can feel Wenger’s confidence in me.”
Elneny ended by stating, “What’s coming, God willing, will be better for me and my team.”
Elneny made his second Premier League appearance for Arsenal, after his debut last week in Arsenal’s loss to Manchester United 3-2.
After the tie, Arsenal remains in the third position in the Premier League with 52 points, while Tottenham maintain their second place with 55 points. Arsenal’s next match is against Hull City in the FA Cup, while Tottenham are facing Dortmund in the UEFA Europa League.