Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Mohamed Elneny: I proved my ability to be a starter
Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder, Mohamed Elneny, assured that he felt confident in his first Premier League game as a starter.
The 23-year-old played for 75 minutes before making way for French striker Olivier Giroud in the North London derby between Arsenal and Tottenham, in which the game ended in a 2-2 tie.
In his interview with beIN Sports, Elneny said: “I was not afraid during the game, I know how important the derby is and therefore, I was eager to perform well.”
He added, “Thanks to God, I performed well today, Coquelin’s red card affected us for sure, but on a personal level, I think that the way I played well.
“I proved to everyone that my abilities to be in the starting line up through my performance today, I can feel Wenger’s confidence in me.”
Elneny ended by stating, “What’s coming, God willing, will be better for me and my team.”
Elneny made his second Premier League appearance for Arsenal, after his debut last week in Arsenal’s loss to Manchester United 3-2.
After the tie, Arsenal remains in the third position in the Premier League with 52 points, while Tottenham maintain their second place with 55 points. Arsenal’s next match is against Hull City in the FA Cup, while Tottenham are facing Dortmund in the UEFA Europa League.