Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Spalletti praises Salah following scintillating performance
AS Roma manager Luciano Spalletti praised the performance of the red hot Mohamed Salah, who put in another man of the match performance with two goals and one assist in a 4-1 belting of his former side Fiorentina.
Salah, who notched his 10th and 11th goals of the Serie A campaign last night to become the clubs leading goalscorer this season, has been in electrifying form for his side in the past month. Spalletti, who endured a slow start as manager of the Italian giants, has seen results pick up as of late, with Roma last night notching their 7th win in a row in the league.
Spalletti reserved special praise for Salah when asked what he thought of Salah’s performance, stating: “Salah’s a great player and if you allow him to latch onto the ball at speed and attack the space then he’s devastating. He has fantastic pace and great technical skill to boot.”
“Stephan El Shaarawy and Mohamed Salah had lots of joy on the counter once we’d won the ball. They’ve got loads of running in their legs and then we have Miralem Pjanic who uses the ball so well and is able to give them great service,” the manager concluded.
As mentioned previously, Salah has been in incredible form for his side as of late, scoring five goals and assisting a further three goals in his past four league appearances. The win for Roma last night was vital on both a personal and team level for the Pharaoh, with Salah having left Fiorentina to join Roma in tense circumstances.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 5, 2016
With the victory Roma are now outright 3rd on the Serie A table, having previously been tied for 3rd with Fiorentina, ahead on goal difference. The Giallorossi are now two points behind 2nd place Napoli and five points behind league leaders Juventus. Both Napoli and Juventus have a game in hand.