Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Spalletti praises Salah following scintillating performance
AS Roma manager Luciano Spalletti praised the performance of the red hot Mohamed Salah, who put in another man of the match performance with two goals and one assist in a 4-1 belting of his former side Fiorentina.
Salah, who notched his 10th and 11th goals of the Serie A campaign last night to become the clubs leading goalscorer this season, has been in electrifying form for his side in the past month. Spalletti, who endured a slow start as manager of the Italian giants, has seen results pick up as of late, with Roma last night notching their 7th win in a row in the league.
Spalletti reserved special praise for Salah when asked what he thought of Salah’s performance, stating: “Salah’s a great player and if you allow him to latch onto the ball at speed and attack the space then he’s devastating. He has fantastic pace and great technical skill to boot.”
“Stephan El Shaarawy and Mohamed Salah had lots of joy on the counter once we’d won the ball. They’ve got loads of running in their legs and then we have Miralem Pjanic who uses the ball so well and is able to give them great service,” the manager concluded.
As mentioned previously, Salah has been in incredible form for his side as of late, scoring five goals and assisting a further three goals in his past four league appearances. The win for Roma last night was vital on both a personal and team level for the Pharaoh, with Salah having left Fiorentina to join Roma in tense circumstances.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 5, 2016
With the victory Roma are now outright 3rd on the Serie A table, having previously been tied for 3rd with Fiorentina, ahead on goal difference. The Giallorossi are now two points behind 2nd place Napoli and five points behind league leaders Juventus. Both Napoli and Juventus have a game in hand.