Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
SWIMMING: Ali Khalafalla qualifies for Rio Olympics
Egyptian swimmer Ali Khalafalla has won the Bronze medal in the Men’s 50 metre freestyle race at the 2016 Arena Pro Series in Orlando to seal a spot at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
Khalafalla finished the race in 3rd place, posting a time of 22.25 seconds. The Egyptian finished behind American Nathan Adrian who won the race, posting a time of 21.70 seconds. In 2nd place was another American, Caeleb Dressel, who finished ahead of Khalafalla with a time 22.06, slightly off the mark of his SCY record of 18.23, which he posted last month.
It is also worth noting that the race, which was crucial for Khalafalla, has seen the Egyptian break a record in the process, posting the fastest time by an Egyptian since 1995 with his 22.25 second lap.
It remains to be seen how the Egyptian will perform on the international stage at the Olympics, with the result giving Khalafalla automatic qualification to this years Olympic Games, to be held in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil in August.