Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Ghazal’s CD Nacional beat Boavista to pull clear of relegation zone
Portuguese forward Salvador Arga scored the only goal of the game for CD Nacional, 23 minutes after the game started.
The second half saw Boavista force their control over the game as they tried to grab an equaliser. However, they failed to translate their possession into goals.
Both sides finished the game with 10 men. Boavista’s defender Philipe Sampaio was shown the second yellow card in the 68th minute. In addition, CD Nacional’s Nuno Sequeira was sent off for the second booking, five minutes before the end of the game.
The win sent CD Nacional to the 12th position with 28 points; nine points away from the relegation zone, While Boavista remained in the 16th position with 21 points.
Nacional are scheduled to face Rio Ave, who occupy the sixth position in the league table, on March 13.