Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Morocco beat Egypt to win gold in Arab Rugby 7s Tournament
Morocco triumphant in the first Arab Ruby 7s Tournament to be held in Egypt after defeating the hosting nation in the final of the tournament at El Gouna Stadium.
With emphasis on such an important tournament, Arab Rugby Federation representatives were present at the event, most notably:
Arab Rugby Federation president & Emirates federation president: Qais Abdalla Al Dhalai
Arab Rugby Federation vice-president & Morocco federation president: Taher Boujawalla
Saudi Arabia rugby union president: Faleh Al Bishi
Egypt Rugby union vice-president: Hassan Khaled
Libya Rugby union vice-president: Moustafa El-Houti
The Moroccan national team came in hot, with clear dominance and enthusiasm from the start of the tournament, showing no mercy as they smashed Saudi Arabia 70-0 in the first match of the day which turned out to be the highest score in the tournament.
Egypt faced United Arab Emirates in the second match and came on top, defeating them 15-0. Morocco hit again as they outplayed UAE and beat them 36-7. Egypt continued their run in the group stages as they thrashed Saudi Arabia 45-5.
After losing the first two, UAE defeated Saudi Arabia 26-7 in their third match while Egypt and Morocco met in the final match of the group stages in a much-anticipated encounter. The difference in technical abilities were obvious on the pitch as Morocco beat the Pharaohs 34-7.
Egypt qualified to the final after beating UAE 12-7 in the semis to face Morocco, who again humiliated Saudi Arabia 47-0.
Wanting to avenge their previous loss in the group stages, Egypt was no match of the Atlas Lions as they lost 0-38, for Morocco to be crowned champions of the first Arab Rugby 7s Tournament in Egypt. UAE came third after defeating Saudi Arabia 31-7.