Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Jol: This is why I didn’t make changes to the squad
Jol didn’t make any changes to the team’s squad that defeated Petrojet in the last round, except for Rami Rabia who came back from suspension and replaced Saad Samir.
“It doesn’t make any sense to make major changes to the squad in my first game with the team, specially that the team is winning,” Jol explained in the post-match press conference. “Thankfully, we got the chance to work with the players on a few points in the past short period.”
“These points included free kicks and corner kicks which threatened our goal regularly,” he explained.
Jol said that he feels satisfied because this same squad had draws in previous matches but now they managed to win. “I’m also satisfied that I saw Zamalek lose,” he concluded.