A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Jol: This is why I didn’t make changes to the squad
Jol didn’t make any changes to the team’s squad that defeated Petrojet in the last round, except for Rami Rabia who came back from suspension and replaced Saad Samir.
“It doesn’t make any sense to make major changes to the squad in my first game with the team, specially that the team is winning,” Jol explained in the post-match press conference. “Thankfully, we got the chance to work with the players on a few points in the past short period.”
“These points included free kicks and corner kicks which threatened our goal regularly,” he explained.
Jol said that he feels satisfied because this same squad had draws in previous matches but now they managed to win. “I’m also satisfied that I saw Zamalek lose,” he concluded.