Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Jol: This is why I didn’t make changes to the squad
The Red Devils defeated Misr El-Maqassa 2-1 in the Egyptian Premier League. This was the first match led by the Dutch coach.
Jol didn’t make any changes to the team’s squad that defeated Petrojet in the last round, except for Rami Rabia who came back from suspension and replaced Saad Samir.
“It doesn’t make any sense to make major changes to the squad in my first game with the team, specially that the team is winning,” Jol explained in the post-match press conference. “Thankfully, we got the chance to work with the players on a few points in the past short period.”
“These points included free kicks and corner kicks which threatened our goal regularly,” he explained.
Jol said that he feels satisfied because this same squad had draws in previous matches but now they managed to win. “I’m also satisfied that I saw Zamalek lose,” he concluded.