Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Jol: This is why I didn’t make changes to the squad
Jol didn’t make any changes to the team’s squad that defeated Petrojet in the last round, except for Rami Rabia who came back from suspension and replaced Saad Samir.
“It doesn’t make any sense to make major changes to the squad in my first game with the team, specially that the team is winning,” Jol explained in the post-match press conference. “Thankfully, we got the chance to work with the players on a few points in the past short period.”
“These points included free kicks and corner kicks which threatened our goal regularly,” he explained.
Jol said that he feels satisfied because this same squad had draws in previous matches but now they managed to win. “I’m also satisfied that I saw Zamalek lose,” he concluded.