Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mainz defender Leon Balogun joins Nigeria camp ahead of Egypt clash
The German-born Nigerian defender was the latest addition to the list of 42 players who joined the Super Eagles’ camp of 20 overseas-based and 22 home-based players.
“Previous performance would not be considered as only the training sessions in Kaduna and Alexandria would be used in selecting the 18 players needed for each of the games,” Siasia said asserting that only hard working players will be given the chance to enter the final squad.
“These are two matches that we have to win. There would be no looking at what someone had done in the past, or current form at club level. If you are doing well at your club at the moment and you can’t show ferocious form in training and ability to adapt to the environment, then you would have no place,” he added.
The Eagles are expected to depart Abuja for Kaduna, venue of the game, on March 20, where the foreign-based players will join the team.
The coach who previously led the U-20 Nigerian team to the world cup final, assured The Guardian that the Eagles will get the best preparations before Egypt’s clash. Even though they cannot play international friendlies because of the limited time at the moment, the team will play against top clubs in the local league.