Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Mainz defender Leon Balogun joins Nigeria camp ahead of Egypt clash
The German-born Nigerian defender was the latest addition to the list of 42 players who joined the Super Eagles’ camp of 20 overseas-based and 22 home-based players.
“Previous performance would not be considered as only the training sessions in Kaduna and Alexandria would be used in selecting the 18 players needed for each of the games,” Siasia said asserting that only hard working players will be given the chance to enter the final squad.
“These are two matches that we have to win. There would be no looking at what someone had done in the past, or current form at club level. If you are doing well at your club at the moment and you can’t show ferocious form in training and ability to adapt to the environment, then you would have no place,” he added.
The Eagles are expected to depart Abuja for Kaduna, venue of the game, on March 20, where the foreign-based players will join the team.
The coach who previously led the U-20 Nigerian team to the world cup final, assured The Guardian that the Eagles will get the best preparations before Egypt’s clash. Even though they cannot play international friendlies because of the limited time at the moment, the team will play against top clubs in the local league.