Hazem Emam has admitted that his early days at Italy’s Serie...
- Emam talks about his Udinese days and Salah
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
Mainz defender Leon Balogun joins Nigeria camp ahead of Egypt clash
The German-born Nigerian defender was the latest addition to the list of 42 players who joined the Super Eagles’ camp of 20 overseas-based and 22 home-based players.
“Previous performance would not be considered as only the training sessions in Kaduna and Alexandria would be used in selecting the 18 players needed for each of the games,” Siasia said asserting that only hard working players will be given the chance to enter the final squad.
“These are two matches that we have to win. There would be no looking at what someone had done in the past, or current form at club level. If you are doing well at your club at the moment and you can’t show ferocious form in training and ability to adapt to the environment, then you would have no place,” he added.
The Eagles are expected to depart Abuja for Kaduna, venue of the game, on March 20, where the foreign-based players will join the team.
The coach who previously led the U-20 Nigerian team to the world cup final, assured The Guardian that the Eagles will get the best preparations before Egypt’s clash. Even though they cannot play international friendlies because of the limited time at the moment, the team will play against top clubs in the local league.