Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke to Premium Sport about Mohamed Salah’s replacement...
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
Mainz defender Leon Balogun joins Nigeria camp ahead of Egypt clash
The German-born Nigerian defender was the latest addition to the list of 42 players who joined the Super Eagles’ camp of 20 overseas-based and 22 home-based players.
“Previous performance would not be considered as only the training sessions in Kaduna and Alexandria would be used in selecting the 18 players needed for each of the games,” Siasia said asserting that only hard working players will be given the chance to enter the final squad.
“These are two matches that we have to win. There would be no looking at what someone had done in the past, or current form at club level. If you are doing well at your club at the moment and you can’t show ferocious form in training and ability to adapt to the environment, then you would have no place,” he added.
The Eagles are expected to depart Abuja for Kaduna, venue of the game, on March 20, where the foreign-based players will join the team.
The coach who previously led the U-20 Nigerian team to the world cup final, assured The Guardian that the Eagles will get the best preparations before Egypt’s clash. Even though they cannot play international friendlies because of the limited time at the moment, the team will play against top clubs in the local league.