Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
TENNIS: Egypt lose to Belarus in Davis Cup
The Egyptian national team lead by Karim Maamoun had a shaky start as Maamoun lost the first singles match 2-6, 3-6, 1-6 to llya Ivashka. World No.273, Mohamed Safwat, lost to Egor Gerasimov 7-5, 0-6, 6-3, 6-7(3), 5-7 in the second singles match to make it 2-0 for the Belorussians.
In the doubles match, 18-year old and African champion Youssef Hossam paired up with Mohamed Safwat and defeated Alexander Bury and Egor Gerasimov 7-6(7), 4-6, 6-4, 4-6, 7-5 to pull one back for the Pharaohs.
In the final singles match Safwat faced Gerasimov and lost 7-6(2), 5-7, 5-7, 4-6 for the Belorussians to face Latvia in the second round from 15-17 July.
Egypt is set to face Monaco in the relegation play-off from 15-17 July as well.