Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
TENNIS: Egypt lose to Belarus in Davis Cup
Egypt lost 1:3 to Belarus in the first round of the Europe/Africa Zone in the 2016 Davis Cup being played in El Gezira club in Egypt.
The Egyptian national team lead by Karim Maamoun had a shaky start as Maamoun lost the first singles match 2-6, 3-6, 1-6 to llya Ivashka. World No.273, Mohamed Safwat, lost to Egor Gerasimov 7-5, 0-6, 6-3, 6-7(3), 5-7 in the second singles match to make it 2-0 for the Belorussians.
In the doubles match, 18-year old and African champion Youssef Hossam paired up with Mohamed Safwat and defeated Alexander Bury and Egor Gerasimov 7-6(7), 4-6, 6-4, 4-6, 7-5 to pull one back for the Pharaohs.
In the final singles match Safwat faced Gerasimov and lost 7-6(2), 5-7, 5-7, 4-6 for the Belorussians to face Latvia in the second round from 15-17 July.
Egypt is set to face Monaco in the relegation play-off from 15-17 July as well.