Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
TENNIS: Egypt lose to Belarus in Davis Cup
Egypt lost 1:3 to Belarus in the first round of the Europe/Africa Zone in the 2016 Davis Cup being played in El Gezira club in Egypt.
The Egyptian national team lead by Karim Maamoun had a shaky start as Maamoun lost the first singles match 2-6, 3-6, 1-6 to llya Ivashka. World No.273, Mohamed Safwat, lost to Egor Gerasimov 7-5, 0-6, 6-3, 6-7(3), 5-7 in the second singles match to make it 2-0 for the Belorussians.
In the doubles match, 18-year old and African champion Youssef Hossam paired up with Mohamed Safwat and defeated Alexander Bury and Egor Gerasimov 7-6(7), 4-6, 6-4, 4-6, 7-5 to pull one back for the Pharaohs.
In the final singles match Safwat faced Gerasimov and lost 7-6(2), 5-7, 5-7, 4-6 for the Belorussians to face Latvia in the second round from 15-17 July.
Egypt is set to face Monaco in the relegation play-off from 15-17 July as well.