Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
VIDEO: Koka scores in Braga’s dramatic win over Porto
Porto had their coach and a player sent off as they collapsed in a 3-1 loss to Braga, with Egypt striker Koka opening the scoring for the hosts.
Braga began on the back foot as they survived chances to Porto. Marafona denied Korean striker Suk then Algeria’s Yacine Brahimi was unfortunate to see his free-kick hit the post. It took 27 minutes for SC Braga to get going when they had their first chance of the game.
In the 35th minute, Peseiro was sent to the stands and three minutes to the break Koka came closest when he saw his effort come off the post. Despite the attacking intentions from both teams the game was 0-0 at the break.
Early in the second half, the visitors had a penalty shout denied when Hyun Suk went down. Porto were following the first half script as they created opportunities at the expense of their hosts.
The match took a huge swing when Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ broke the deadlock. He took advantage of a horrible mistake by Marcano to make it 1-0 in the 71st minute, his 10th league goal this season. Teammate Rafa Silva had a chance to put the game beyond Porto but he hit the side bar after a great breakaway.
Maxi Perreira punished the miss with a header in the 85th minute. It appeared this Primeira Liga match was to end in a draw but FC Porto collapsed.
Rafa Silva tapped home, one minute from regulation time, to put Braga in front again. Thing got worse for Porto as they had Martins Indi sent off. Braga had time to take advantage of being a man up even with time running out. Casillas attempt at being a sweeper keeper flopped and Alan slammed home into an empty net.
The win lifts Braga to 47 points, as they sit fourth, in the Primeira Liga.