Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Wenger: Elneny structured our team well
After making his first league debut as a substitute against Manchester United, Elneny became the fourth Arsenal player to make his first-ever Premier League start in the North London derby against the Spurs.
Wenger was delighted by Elneny’s performance in the derby admitting that the 23-year-old player is adapting quickly to English football and the lifestyle, although he has only spent two months with the Gunners thus far.
“It was a very positive performance because he structured our team very well. He looks to be an intelligent player who moves the ball very quickly, finds his partners and plays forward,” the 66-year-old manager told Arsenal’s official website on Tuesday.
“It was a very convincing performance for a first time [in the Premier League],” he added.
Wenger also spoke about the quick integration of the January signing player into Arsenal’s squad and applauded his keenness to develop.
“I believe mentally he has integrated very well into the team, he is very keen and very humble. He has a great desire to learn, so everybody in the squad likes him and he is a positive surprise on that front as well,” Wenger added.