Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
Wenger: Elneny structured our team well
After making his first league debut as a substitute against Manchester United, Elneny became the fourth Arsenal player to make his first-ever Premier League start in the North London derby against the Spurs.
Wenger was delighted by Elneny’s performance in the derby admitting that the 23-year-old player is adapting quickly to English football and the lifestyle, although he has only spent two months with the Gunners thus far.
“It was a very positive performance because he structured our team very well. He looks to be an intelligent player who moves the ball very quickly, finds his partners and plays forward,” the 66-year-old manager told Arsenal’s official website on Tuesday.
“It was a very convincing performance for a first time [in the Premier League],” he added.
Wenger also spoke about the quick integration of the January signing player into Arsenal’s squad and applauded his keenness to develop.
“I believe mentally he has integrated very well into the team, he is very keen and very humble. He has a great desire to learn, so everybody in the squad likes him and he is a positive surprise on that front as well,” Wenger added.