Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Wenger: Elneny structured our team well
After making his first league debut as a substitute against Manchester United, Elneny became the fourth Arsenal player to make his first-ever Premier League start in the North London derby against the Spurs.
Wenger was delighted by Elneny’s performance in the derby admitting that the 23-year-old player is adapting quickly to English football and the lifestyle, although he has only spent two months with the Gunners thus far.
“It was a very positive performance because he structured our team very well. He looks to be an intelligent player who moves the ball very quickly, finds his partners and plays forward,” the 66-year-old manager told Arsenal’s official website on Tuesday.
“It was a very convincing performance for a first time [in the Premier League],” he added.
Wenger also spoke about the quick integration of the January signing player into Arsenal’s squad and applauded his keenness to develop.
“I believe mentally he has integrated very well into the team, he is very keen and very humble. He has a great desire to learn, so everybody in the squad likes him and he is a positive surprise on that front as well,” Wenger added.