Al Ahly and Egypt’s U-20 national team forward Karim Nedved revealed that he...
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Wenger: Elneny structured our team well
After making his first league debut as a substitute against Manchester United, Elneny became the fourth Arsenal player to make his first-ever Premier League start in the North London derby against the Spurs.
Wenger was delighted by Elneny’s performance in the derby admitting that the 23-year-old player is adapting quickly to English football and the lifestyle, although he has only spent two months with the Gunners thus far.
“It was a very positive performance because he structured our team very well. He looks to be an intelligent player who moves the ball very quickly, finds his partners and plays forward,” the 66-year-old manager told Arsenal’s official website on Tuesday.
“It was a very convincing performance for a first time [in the Premier League],” he added.
Wenger also spoke about the quick integration of the January signing player into Arsenal’s squad and applauded his keenness to develop.
“I believe mentally he has integrated very well into the team, he is very keen and very humble. He has a great desire to learn, so everybody in the squad likes him and he is a positive surprise on that front as well,” Wenger added.