Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Wenger: Elneny structured our team well
After making his first league debut as a substitute against Manchester United, Elneny became the fourth Arsenal player to make his first-ever Premier League start in the North London derby against the Spurs.
Wenger was delighted by Elneny’s performance in the derby admitting that the 23-year-old player is adapting quickly to English football and the lifestyle, although he has only spent two months with the Gunners thus far.
“It was a very positive performance because he structured our team very well. He looks to be an intelligent player who moves the ball very quickly, finds his partners and plays forward,” the 66-year-old manager told Arsenal’s official website on Tuesday.
“It was a very convincing performance for a first time [in the Premier League],” he added.
Wenger also spoke about the quick integration of the January signing player into Arsenal’s squad and applauded his keenness to develop.
“I believe mentally he has integrated very well into the team, he is very keen and very humble. He has a great desire to learn, so everybody in the squad likes him and he is a positive surprise on that front as well,” Wenger added.