Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
Onazi: We know Salah well, we can handle him
Ogenyi Onazi has expressed his confidence in leading Nigeria to a victory against the Egyptian national team when both teams collide in the AFCON qualifiers later this month.
The Lazio midfielder, who was included in the 42-man squad to face Egypt, feels confident the Super Eagles can handle the key Egyptian stars.
“We know Mohamed Salah very well and can handle him, the Egyptians have other good players like Bassem Morsi who scored a hat-trick against Chad and the Arsenal guy, Mohamed Elneny, but we’ll be ready for them,” Onazi told SportingLife.
Onazi will miss the first-leg in Nigeria as he is suspended for receiving a red card in their game against Chad in the qualifiers.
The 23-year-old midfielder also showed his appreciation for fellow Nigerian star John Obi Mikel, who he will likely partner in the Nigerian midfield.
“Mikel is a natural leader and I enjoy playing alongside him. Hopefully, together we can keep the midfield solid and make it difficult for the Egyptians to score,” he added.
The Pharaohs are looking to extend their lead at the top of their group; they top the group with six points, two points clear of Nigeria. The Egyptian team will head to Kaduna on March 25, before hosting the Nigerians in Alexandria on the 29th of the same month.