Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Onazi: We know Salah well, we can handle him
Ogenyi Onazi has expressed his confidence in leading Nigeria to a victory against the Egyptian national team when both teams collide in the AFCON qualifiers later this month.
“We know Mohamed Salah very well and can handle him, the Egyptians have other good players like Bassem Morsi who scored a hat-trick against Chad and the Arsenal guy, Mohamed Elneny, but we’ll be ready for them,” Onazi told SportingLife.
Onazi will miss the first-leg in Nigeria as he is suspended for receiving a red card in their game against Chad in the qualifiers.
The 23-year-old midfielder also showed his appreciation for fellow Nigerian star John Obi Mikel, who he will likely partner in the Nigerian midfield.
“Mikel is a natural leader and I enjoy playing alongside him. Hopefully, together we can keep the midfield solid and make it difficult for the Egyptians to score,” he added.
The Pharaohs are looking to extend their lead at the top of their group; they top the group with six points, two points clear of Nigeria. The Egyptian team will head to Kaduna on March 25, before hosting the Nigerians in Alexandria on the 29th of the same month.