Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Onazi: We know Salah well, we can handle him
Ogenyi Onazi has expressed his confidence in leading Nigeria to a victory against the Egyptian national team when both teams collide in the AFCON qualifiers later this month.
“We know Mohamed Salah very well and can handle him, the Egyptians have other good players like Bassem Morsi who scored a hat-trick against Chad and the Arsenal guy, Mohamed Elneny, but we’ll be ready for them,” Onazi told SportingLife.
Onazi will miss the first-leg in Nigeria as he is suspended for receiving a red card in their game against Chad in the qualifiers.
The 23-year-old midfielder also showed his appreciation for fellow Nigerian star John Obi Mikel, who he will likely partner in the Nigerian midfield.
“Mikel is a natural leader and I enjoy playing alongside him. Hopefully, together we can keep the midfield solid and make it difficult for the Egyptians to score,” he added.
The Pharaohs are looking to extend their lead at the top of their group; they top the group with six points, two points clear of Nigeria. The Egyptian team will head to Kaduna on March 25, before hosting the Nigerians in Alexandria on the 29th of the same month.