Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Onazi: We know Salah well, we can handle him
Ogenyi Onazi has expressed his confidence in leading Nigeria to a victory against the Egyptian national team when both teams collide in the AFCON qualifiers later this month.
“We know Mohamed Salah very well and can handle him, the Egyptians have other good players like Bassem Morsi who scored a hat-trick against Chad and the Arsenal guy, Mohamed Elneny, but we’ll be ready for them,” Onazi told SportingLife.
Onazi will miss the first-leg in Nigeria as he is suspended for receiving a red card in their game against Chad in the qualifiers.
The 23-year-old midfielder also showed his appreciation for fellow Nigerian star John Obi Mikel, who he will likely partner in the Nigerian midfield.
“Mikel is a natural leader and I enjoy playing alongside him. Hopefully, together we can keep the midfield solid and make it difficult for the Egyptians to score,” he added.
The Pharaohs are looking to extend their lead at the top of their group; they top the group with six points, two points clear of Nigeria. The Egyptian team will head to Kaduna on March 25, before hosting the Nigerians in Alexandria on the 29th of the same month.