Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
McLeish receives first fine as Zamalek manager
The competitions committee of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) handed Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish his first fine after he skipped a post-match press conference.
The committee imposed an EGP 15,000 fine on the Scottish manager for failing to show up to a press conference that was held after the Zamalek and Arab Contractors match on March 7.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has previously ordered the boycott of post-match press conferences. McLeish, however, attended the presser of his first match with Zamalek, which saw their loss against Entag El-Harby, before missing the press conference of the Contractors game.
The Scotsman was appointed as Zamalek new manager on February 23. The 57-year-old became the club’s fourth manager this season following Jesualdo Ferreira, Marcos Paqueta and Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.