Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
McLeish receives first fine as Zamalek manager
The competitions committee of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) handed Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish his first fine after he skipped a post-match press conference.
The committee imposed an EGP 15,000 fine on the Scottish manager for failing to show up to a press conference that was held after the Zamalek and Arab Contractors match on March 7.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has previously ordered the boycott of post-match press conferences. McLeish, however, attended the presser of his first match with Zamalek, which saw their loss against Entag El-Harby, before missing the press conference of the Contractors game.
The Scotsman was appointed as Zamalek new manager on February 23. The 57-year-old became the club’s fourth manager this season following Jesualdo Ferreira, Marcos Paqueta and Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.