Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
McLeish receives first fine as Zamalek manager
The competitions committee of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) handed Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish his first fine after he skipped a post-match press conference.
The committee imposed an EGP 15,000 fine on the Scottish manager for failing to show up to a press conference that was held after the Zamalek and Arab Contractors match on March 7.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has previously ordered the boycott of post-match press conferences. McLeish, however, attended the presser of his first match with Zamalek, which saw their loss against Entag El-Harby, before missing the press conference of the Contractors game.
The Scotsman was appointed as Zamalek new manager on February 23. The 57-year-old became the club’s fourth manager this season following Jesualdo Ferreira, Marcos Paqueta and Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.