Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
McLeish receives first fine as Zamalek manager
The competitions committee of the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) handed Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish his first fine after he skipped a post-match press conference.
The committee imposed an EGP 15,000 fine on the Scottish manager for failing to show up to a press conference that was held after the Zamalek and Arab Contractors match on March 7.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has previously ordered the boycott of post-match press conferences. McLeish, however, attended the presser of his first match with Zamalek, which saw their loss against Entag El-Harby, before missing the press conference of the Contractors game.
The Scotsman was appointed as Zamalek new manager on February 23. The 57-year-old became the club’s fourth manager this season following Jesualdo Ferreira, Marcos Paqueta and Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.