KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Samson Siasia aiming to collect six points against Egypt
Recently-appointed Super Eagles boss Samson Siasia believes that his side can thrash the Pharaohs 4-0 as they did before in a 1978 FIFA World Cup qualifier at the national stadium.
Siasia believes that he’s got a group of self-confident players with a strong professional mentality.
“We can recreate October 1977; why not? The home based boys have come in and full training has commenced. Everyone is rearing to go. By the time the foreign–based players arrive, the competition will be what we want,” he said.
He then made it clear that he has called up the right players, that will earn him the full six points in Kaduna and Alexandria.
“I insist that we have invited the players who are capable of giving us the three points in Kaduna and another three points in Alexandria,” he added.
Siasia ended his remarks by calling on passionate Nigerian football fans to support the Eagles when they take on Egypt.
“I want to passionately appeal to Nigerians, everybody, to show belief in the team and give us total support, It will not be easy, but if we stick together and present a united force to fight this battle, I believe we will triumph,” he concluded.
The Nigerian national team camp has already started, with only local-based players in the attendees so far.
It is worth mentioning that Egypt leads Group G with six points, while Nigeria occupies the second position with four points only. The Pharaohs have scored eight goals, while the Eagles have two goals in two matches.