Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said in recent comments that during his professional career...
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
Elderson Echiejile: Against Egypt it will be a tough challenge
Egypt are set to face the Super Green Eagles on the 25th and 29th of March in Kaduna and Alexandria respectively, and Echiejile had his say on the important encounter against the Pharaohs.
“We have had big one-off games in the past and responded well. I believe we can do that again on this month in Kaduna and inAlexandria against Egypt,” Echiejile told Completesportsnigeria.com.
“We have to be on our game and I have confidence in the players to do it. Credit to Egypt, but we can beat them if we are on our game. We know that, and we just have to get our heads down for the game,”
The former SC Braga defender also warned off his teammates of Egypt, asserting that all the Egyptian teams he faced are vigorous regarding the technical aspect.
“They are very technically intelligent. The Egyptian teams I have played against all seemed to have that individually. They have great players upfront, I’ve watched them a few times. Mohamed Salah’s form is amazing, his all-round game and his finishing. And the other players we all know. In Elneny they have a fantastic midfield player. I can’t speak highly enough of them actually, Elneny has come on and really impressed at Arsenal in the few games he has played. It’s going to be a battle ground because they are very strong in there,” he concluded.
Egypt top Group G in the AFCON qualifiers with six points out of their two played games so far, while Nigeria succeed them with four points from a win and a draw.