Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Elderson Echiejile: Against Egypt it will be a tough challenge
Egypt are set to face the Super Green Eagles on the 25th and 29th of March in Kaduna and Alexandria respectively, and Echiejile had his say on the important encounter against the Pharaohs.
“We have had big one-off games in the past and responded well. I believe we can do that again on this month in Kaduna and inAlexandria against Egypt,” Echiejile told Completesportsnigeria.com.
“We have to be on our game and I have confidence in the players to do it. Credit to Egypt, but we can beat them if we are on our game. We know that, and we just have to get our heads down for the game,”
The former SC Braga defender also warned off his teammates of Egypt, asserting that all the Egyptian teams he faced are vigorous regarding the technical aspect.
“They are very technically intelligent. The Egyptian teams I have played against all seemed to have that individually. They have great players upfront, I’ve watched them a few times. Mohamed Salah’s form is amazing, his all-round game and his finishing. And the other players we all know. In Elneny they have a fantastic midfield player. I can’t speak highly enough of them actually, Elneny has come on and really impressed at Arsenal in the few games he has played. It’s going to be a battle ground because they are very strong in there,” he concluded.
Egypt top Group G in the AFCON qualifiers with six points out of their two played games so far, while Nigeria succeed them with four points from a win and a draw.