Al-Ahli Tripoli qualified to the 2017 CAF Champions League round of 32 after...
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
Elmohamady: I am not happy to not be playing
Egypt international player Ahmed Elmohamady claims that he is having a tough time at Hull City this season, adding that he is working very hard for a chance.
The former ENPPI and Sunderland player has not started a league game for the Tigers since January 13 against Cardiff City, as he struggled to break into Steve Bruce’s squad after the return of Robert Snodgrass from injury.
”This season has been something I am not used to,” Ahmed Elmohamady told the
”It is a tough time. Every player wants to play. I work hard in training and have been playing in the Cup games. I am waiting for my chance.
“Of course, I am not happy to not be playing. But the manager has a squad and I respect that. I just wait for my chance.”
”When I get that, I have to be at it. And will, hopefully, not miss any minute again. Sometimes, it is tough, but I work very hard in training to try and show the manager what I can do.”
The Egyptian international, whose contract with the Tigers ends next summer, confirms talks are ongoing with the Championship side over contract situation, adding that they have to concentrate on the league now.
“We are talking (about a contract). Everything is ongoing. When we get at a point, everything will be okay,” The Egyptian added.
“Everyone wants to play in the Premier League and we have a very, great chance to go back there. I want to be in there next season with the club. Fingers crossed, we can keep going and get the points.”
”Now, we move on and concentrate on the league. We have a huge game on Saturday and we have to focus on that.”
“Promotion is the main thing now. We have to get back to the Premier League, where we can play teams like Arsenal week in, week out. That is the main thing for us.
“We are into the last six or seven weeks now. We need to concentrate on that. And also winning all the games at the KC. That is the main thing now.”
Hull City are currently fourth in the league with 64 points from 34 games. Their next game will be against MK Dons on Saturday March 12.