Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Netherlands youth international Oussama Tannane chooses Morocco
The Moroccan-Dutch player made his Eredivisie league debut for SC Heerenveen during the 2012/2013 season, but currently plays in Ligue 1 for Saint-Étienne, after joining the side during the winter transfer window.
Oussama Tannane, who was born in Morocco, shined in the Netherlands this season before his move to France, scoring seven league goals and assisting three in 11 appearances for Heracles Almelo, including a super hat-trick on matchday three.
Morocco national team head coach Hervé Renard, who was appointed last month, has called up the 21-year-old forward to the Atlas Lions’ squad ahead of the country’s 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers on March 26 and 29 against Cape Verde.
Tannane has previously represented the Netherlands U-21 side on two occasions in 2015. Tannane told the Royal Dutch Football Association’s official website: “I feel both Dutch and Moroccan, and I have played for the youth of Netherlands with great pride,” before adding: “But at some point you have to make a choice as a player.”
“Fred Grim [Netherlands youth coach] has discussed this with me a lot and said that I can look forward to a fine international career in the Netherlands. But my heart goes out to Morocco.
“It’s a childhood dream to play football for the national team of Morocco,” he concluded.
– Adam Moustafa contributed to reporting.