Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
EFA want to allow 20,000 fans to attend AFCON qualifier
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has requested the prime minister to increase the number of fans to 20,000 in the upcoming game against Nigeria.
The Egyptian police have allowed 10,000 people to attend Egypt’s next game against Nigeria in the 2017 Africa Cup of nations qualifiers, but the EFA want to double the numbers to boost their chances.
Egypt will host Nigeria on March 29 in Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria, four days after the Pharaohs face the Super Eagles in Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna.
Egypt were drawn in group G that joins Nigeria, Tanzania and Chad. The top of the group will qualify to play in the final tournament in Gabon. The two runners-up among the 12 group with the best records will also qualify.
Seven-time winners Egypt currently sit on top of Group G with six points, defeating Tanzania and Chad, while Nigeria are in second place with four points, defeating Chad and drawing with Tanzania away from home.