An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
EFA want to allow 20,000 fans to attend AFCON qualifier
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has requested the prime minister to increase the number of fans to 20,000 in the upcoming game against Nigeria.
The Egyptian police have allowed 10,000 people to attend Egypt’s next game against Nigeria in the 2017 Africa Cup of nations qualifiers, but the EFA want to double the numbers to boost their chances.
Egypt will host Nigeria on March 29 in Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria, four days after the Pharaohs face the Super Eagles in Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna.
Egypt were drawn in group G that joins Nigeria, Tanzania and Chad. The top of the group will qualify to play in the final tournament in Gabon. The two runners-up among the 12 group with the best records will also qualify.
Seven-time winners Egypt currently sit on top of Group G with six points, defeating Tanzania and Chad, while Nigeria are in second place with four points, defeating Chad and drawing with Tanzania away from home.