Zamalek midfielder Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek has joined Arab Contractors on loan until the end of...
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
Siasia slams Super Eagles home-based players
The Super Eagles home-based players faced Nigeria National League side Katsina United in a friendly game, which ended in a dull draw on Thursday evening in Abuja, Nigeria.
”We have to step up our commitment level and show more seriousness,” The Nigerian coach told his players.
”I am yet to see that hunger in all of you in all the friendly matches we have played so far since we opened this camp. We are facing Egypt in about two weeks and we will not stand any chance against them if we do not change our attitude.”
Egypt were drawn in group G that joins Nigeria, Tanzania and Chad. The group winners are guaranteed automatic qualification to play in the final tournament in Gabon. The two runners-up among the 12 group with the best records will also qualify.
”How can we, the Super Eagles, play against this NNL team and fail to create one clear –cut goal scoring opportunity? If we cannot create chances in this kind of games, when and where will we be able to create them?,” Siasia added.
”I know we are far better than this performance and will improve but we have to do so very quickly because there is no time.”
Nigeria will host Egypt on March 25 in Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna, before travelling to Egypt to play in Borg El-Arab Stadium on March 29.
Seven-time winners Egypt currently sit on top of Group G with six points, defeating Tanzania and Chad, while Nigeria are in second place with four points, defeating Chad and drawing with Tanzania away from home.