Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Arsenal boss Wenger: Elneny ready to play
Getting his first start in the Premier League against title challengers Tottenham, Elneny earned himself a starting position against Hull City, where Arsenal thrashed the side 4-0 to move on to the next round.
In a press conference held on Friday, the French manager claimed that the Egyptian: ”Looks like he’s ready to play,” while adding, ”He can cope in midfield”.
Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey came on in the 50th minute against Hull in Arsenal’s previous match, but saw himself leaving the pitch 25 minutes later due to an injury.
With Wenger believing Ramsey could be on the sidelines for the next four weeks, the 23-year-old who joined from FC Basel during the winter transfer window looks set for a regular starting role.
Mesut Ozil, an unused sub in the Hull City encounter, also looks bound to start against Watford, with Elneny likely to feature behind the Gunners’ star playmaker.
Arsenal play Watford on Sunday in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.