Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Arsenal boss Wenger: Elneny ready to play
Getting his first start in the Premier League against title challengers Tottenham, Elneny earned himself a starting position against Hull City, where Arsenal thrashed the side 4-0 to move on to the next round.
In a press conference held on Friday, the French manager claimed that the Egyptian: ”Looks like he’s ready to play,” while adding, ”He can cope in midfield”.
Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey came on in the 50th minute against Hull in Arsenal’s previous match, but saw himself leaving the pitch 25 minutes later due to an injury.
With Wenger believing Ramsey could be on the sidelines for the next four weeks, the 23-year-old who joined from FC Basel during the winter transfer window looks set for a regular starting role.
Mesut Ozil, an unused sub in the Hull City encounter, also looks bound to start against Watford, with Elneny likely to feature behind the Gunners’ star playmaker.
Arsenal play Watford on Sunday in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.