Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Arsenal boss Wenger: Elneny ready to play
Getting his first start in the Premier League against title challengers Tottenham, Elneny earned himself a starting position against Hull City, where Arsenal thrashed the side 4-0 to move on to the next round.
In a press conference held on Friday, the French manager claimed that the Egyptian: ”Looks like he’s ready to play,” while adding, ”He can cope in midfield”.
Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey came on in the 50th minute against Hull in Arsenal’s previous match, but saw himself leaving the pitch 25 minutes later due to an injury.
With Wenger believing Ramsey could be on the sidelines for the next four weeks, the 23-year-old who joined from FC Basel during the winter transfer window looks set for a regular starting role.
Mesut Ozil, an unused sub in the Hull City encounter, also looks bound to start against Watford, with Elneny likely to feature behind the Gunners’ star playmaker.
Arsenal play Watford on Sunday in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.