Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Arsenal boss Wenger: Elneny ready to play
Getting his first start in the Premier League against title challengers Tottenham, Elneny earned himself a starting position against Hull City, where Arsenal thrashed the side 4-0 to move on to the next round.
In a press conference held on Friday, the French manager claimed that the Egyptian: ”Looks like he’s ready to play,” while adding, ”He can cope in midfield”.
Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey came on in the 50th minute against Hull in Arsenal’s previous match, but saw himself leaving the pitch 25 minutes later due to an injury.
With Wenger believing Ramsey could be on the sidelines for the next four weeks, the 23-year-old who joined from FC Basel during the winter transfer window looks set for a regular starting role.
Mesut Ozil, an unused sub in the Hull City encounter, also looks bound to start against Watford, with Elneny likely to feature behind the Gunners’ star playmaker.
Arsenal play Watford on Sunday in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.