Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Al Ahly hold Recreativo de Libolo to draw in Angola
Al Ahly managed to escape Angola on good terms, following a goalless draw against Recreativo de Libolo in the first leg of the 2016 CAF Champions League first round games.
Ahmed Adel, Sabri Rahil, Ahmed Hegazy, Ramy Rabia, Mohamed Hani; Hossam Ghaly, Ahmed Fathi, Abdullah El-Said, Mo’men Zakaria, Ramadan Sobhi; Malick Evouna.
In what was an uneventful first half, neither side was able to muster up many dangerous chances. The most daunting chance fell to the feet of Abdullah El-Said, but he pulled his one-time shot just wide of the post.
On the other end of the field, Ahmed Hegazy and Rami Rabia easily handled any attacks the Angolans put together.
The second half continued as the first half ended, with Al Ahly controlling the game, but unable to seriously challenge the Angolan goalkeeper.
Martin Jol sent on Saleh Gomaa, Walid Soliman, and Amr Gamal to replace Abdullah El-Said, Ramadan Sobhi, and Malick Evouna, respectively. However, none of the substitutes were able to produce a moment of magic to send the Red Devils back to Egypt with a win.
In an uneventful game, Al Ahly ultimately completed their goal and held the hosts goalless in the first leg.
The second leg will be played in Egypt on March the 19th, in Borg El-Arab Stadium. Al Ahly need a win of any score to advance to the second round of the competition. They are looking to win their record ninth CAF Champions League title.