Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Egypt to host U-19 FIBA World Championship
FIBA has announced the selection of Egypt to host of the 2017 U-19 Basketball World Championship.
According to the announcement, which was made on Saturday, Egypt managed to pip Italy, Latvia and Israel to the tournament’s hosting rights.
It is worth noting that the three countries tried to oust Egypt from the running earlier on, especially citing the absence of fans from stadiums in the recent years as the reason for a possible exclusion.
Matches will take place at the Cairo International Stadium covered complex, in Nasr City.
The tournament will be the first of its kind to take place in an African city.