Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Egypt to host U-19 FIBA World Championship
FIBA has announced the selection of Egypt to host of the 2017 U-19 Basketball World Championship.
According to the announcement, which was made on Saturday, Egypt managed to pip Italy, Latvia and Israel to the tournament’s hosting rights.
It is worth noting that the three countries tried to oust Egypt from the running earlier on, especially citing the absence of fans from stadiums in the recent years as the reason for a possible exclusion.
Matches will take place at the Cairo International Stadium covered complex, in Nasr City.
The tournament will be the first of its kind to take place in an African city.