Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Egyptian coach not worried about Siasia’s comments
As both sides prepare to go head to head in the crucial 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, the Nigerian head coach Samson Siasia claimed his side are adopting a “no fear” approach ahead of their match against Egypt.
According to thenigerianvoice.com, Siasia is extremely confident that they have nothing to worry about in the double-header. Ahmed Nagi was quick to respond claiming “Siasia’s statements won’t affect Egypt players or the coaching staff,” when quizzed on the subject in a television interview on Wednesday.
He then went on to add: “We’re used to hearing these kinds of comments from African coaches. The statements indicate he is worried about the Egypt clash. Siasia respects the Egypt team. He knows our abilities. We also respect the Nigeria team, as they are strong opponents, so I hope to achieve a positive result,” Nagi said.
Ahmed Nagi went on to conclude stating: “The team will hold a camp on the 19th of March as the squad will be announced after the CAF Champions League and Confederation Cup games. Then we will fly to Nigeria on the 23rd of March in a private Jet, arriving in Kaduna.”
The Pharaohs currently lead Nigeria in the qualifying group, with Egypt having won both of their matches to date, two points ahead of the second placed Nigeria. The upcoming clashes could well decide who obtains the automatic qualifying spot from the group, with only the group winners going to the 2017 African Cup automatically.