Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
ENPPI move step closer to round of 16
Two well-played counter-attacks were all ENPPI needed to see out the first-leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 32 against Africa Sports d’Abidjan on Saturday.
Away from home, ENPPI looked to give themselves something to go home with, after they defeated the Ivorian side 2-0.
The match began with pressure from ENPPI in the first 15 minutes. The Egyptian side were strong in their defense and midfield but lacked energy in the attacking line.
In the 17th minute, ENPPI’s first counter attack saw Cameroonian Lama Kone find the back of the net to make it 1-0 for his side.
In the 20th minute, Mahmoud Kaoud chased a long ball from the left, which curved into the center of the pitch but was not a problem after an impressive sprint saw him hit the ball and double his team’s lead.
The match went on to end 2-0 for ENPPI, with equal play from both ends.
ENPPI now go into the second-leg on March 19 with two crucial away goals and will look to go through to the round of 16.