Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
ENPPI move step closer to round of 16
Two well-played counter-attacks were all ENPPI needed to see out the first-leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 32 against Africa Sports d’Abidjan on Saturday.
Away from home, ENPPI looked to give themselves something to go home with, after they defeated the Ivorian side 2-0.
The match began with pressure from ENPPI in the first 15 minutes. The Egyptian side were strong in their defense and midfield but lacked energy in the attacking line.
In the 17th minute, ENPPI’s first counter attack saw Cameroonian Lama Kone find the back of the net to make it 1-0 for his side.
In the 20th minute, Mahmoud Kaoud chased a long ball from the left, which curved into the center of the pitch but was not a problem after an impressive sprint saw him hit the ball and double his team’s lead.
The match went on to end 2-0 for ENPPI, with equal play from both ends.
ENPPI now go into the second-leg on March 19 with two crucial away goals and will look to go through to the round of 16.