Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
ENPPI move step closer to round of 16
Two well-played counter-attacks were all ENPPI needed to see out the first-leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 32 against Africa Sports d’Abidjan on Saturday.
Away from home, ENPPI looked to give themselves something to go home with, after they defeated the Ivorian side 2-0.
The match began with pressure from ENPPI in the first 15 minutes. The Egyptian side were strong in their defense and midfield but lacked energy in the attacking line.
In the 17th minute, ENPPI’s first counter attack saw Cameroonian Lama Kone find the back of the net to make it 1-0 for his side.
In the 20th minute, Mahmoud Kaoud chased a long ball from the left, which curved into the center of the pitch but was not a problem after an impressive sprint saw him hit the ball and double his team’s lead.
The match went on to end 2-0 for ENPPI, with equal play from both ends.
ENPPI now go into the second-leg on March 19 with two crucial away goals and will look to go through to the round of 16.