Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
ENPPI move step closer to round of 16
Two well-played counter-attacks were all ENPPI needed to see out the first-leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 32 against Africa Sports d’Abidjan on Saturday.
Away from home, ENPPI looked to give themselves something to go home with, after they defeated the Ivorian side 2-0.
The match began with pressure from ENPPI in the first 15 minutes. The Egyptian side were strong in their defense and midfield but lacked energy in the attacking line.
In the 17th minute, ENPPI’s first counter attack saw Cameroonian Lama Kone find the back of the net to make it 1-0 for his side.
In the 20th minute, Mahmoud Kaoud chased a long ball from the left, which curved into the center of the pitch but was not a problem after an impressive sprint saw him hit the ball and double his team’s lead.
The match went on to end 2-0 for ENPPI, with equal play from both ends.
ENPPI now go into the second-leg on March 19 with two crucial away goals and will look to go through to the round of 16.