Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
ENPPI move step closer to round of 16
Two well-played counter-attacks were all ENPPI needed to see out the first-leg of the CAF Confederation Cup round of 32 against Africa Sports d’Abidjan on Saturday.
Away from home, ENPPI looked to give themselves something to go home with, after they defeated the Ivorian side 2-0.
The match began with pressure from ENPPI in the first 15 minutes. The Egyptian side were strong in their defense and midfield but lacked energy in the attacking line.
In the 17th minute, ENPPI’s first counter attack saw Cameroonian Lama Kone find the back of the net to make it 1-0 for his side.
In the 20th minute, Mahmoud Kaoud chased a long ball from the left, which curved into the center of the pitch but was not a problem after an impressive sprint saw him hit the ball and double his team’s lead.
The match went on to end 2-0 for ENPPI, with equal play from both ends.
ENPPI now go into the second-leg on March 19 with two crucial away goals and will look to go through to the round of 16.