Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Gor Mahia planning legal action against Nuttall and Zamalek
Reports filtering from Kenya indicates that Gor Mahia are planning to take legal action against former coach Frank Nuttall and Egyptian league champions Zamalek.
Last Monday, Zamalek SC posted on their official Facebook page that Scottish coach Frank Nuttall was set to assist Alex McLeish as assistant coach at the club, before quickly deleting the post.
The 2015 Sportspesa league champions have threatened to report Zamalek to FIFA and fine Nuttall for breaching his contract which was running until end of the season.
The move has caused dismay within the Gor Mahia hierarchy, with the club extremely upset with the Scot’s decision to abandon his contract and sign for the White Knights when his contract was expiring at the end of the 2016 season. The Kenyan club were waiting for an official announcement from Nuttall before taking the matter to FIFA, though some reports indicates he sent emails stating his reasons for throwing a towel.
There have been copies of the alleged email which was sent to the management of the club, both signed and dated by Nuttall outlining his reasons for departure. The email cites various indifferences between Nuttall and Gor Mahia, with the Scot still having not received money which was owed to him, as well as other issues such as insurances and permits.
Frank Nuttall joined Zamalek on a one-and-half-year contract and will be earning $7,000 per month. He will deputise his fellow Scot Alex Mcleish. His maiden match with the Cairo giants will be in the CAF Champions league against Union Douala of Cameroon this weekend.