Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Karim Hafez features as Omonia fall to derby defeat
Egyptian defender Karim Hafez played 90 minutes as Omonia suffered a 2-1 loss to city rivals APOEL, in their second match of the Cypriot League championship round.
Hafez, who celebrates his 20th birthday today, had helped his side secure their first win in the championship round against Anorthosis ahead of their third derby this season.
APOEL also came into the derby on the back of a win after defeating Nea Salamis in their first game.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 12, 2016
It was the visitors who took the lead; Luciano Bebe cut inside on his right foot to shoot as his effort found the back of APOEL’s net in the 35th minute.
Three minutes before the end of the first half, Zhivko Milanov’s low cross was met by Georgios Efrem, whose finish pulled the hosts back on level terms.
Both teams push more in the second half searching for their second successive win but they fail to translate their chances into goals.
Six minutes before the end of the game, Vander Vieira scored a late winner for the hosts; Thomas De Vincenti’s powerful shot hit the post, and the Brazilian winger scored from the rebound to secure APOEL’s second win over their rivals this season.
The win keeps APOEL at the top of the championship table with 65 points, while Omonia dropped into fourth with 52 points and eight games to go.
Omonia visit sixth-placed Nea Salamis next Saturday.