Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
VIDEO: Misr El-Maqassa defeat Don Bosco in Confederation Cup
Playing against CS Don Bosco of DR Congo, Misr El-Maqassa displayed a thrilling performance and won 3-1 in the first-leg of the round of 32 of the African Confederation Cup on Saturday.
With much pressure from El-Maqassa in the first half, the Egyptian side made it clear of their ambition in the Confederation Cup.
El-Maqassa’s main pressure points were coming from their right flanks, with numerous crosses inside the box and many cut-ins.
In the 17th minute, Amr Barakat received a pass inside the box and placed it beautifully in the top left corner to make it 1-0 for his side.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 12, 2016
The first half went on with continued pressure from El-Maqassa, and in the 41st minute, Mido Gaber doubled the lead for his side. Receiving an air ball down the flank, Mido fought for possession of the ball, and with a few step overs, cut inside the box and placed it beautifully in the bottom left corner to make it 2-0.
The second half began with El-Maqassa holding their position, with experimental plays coming from the midfield. With El-Maqassa’s solid performance in the first half, all that was left to do was to hold onto the 2-0 lead until the final whistle.
An interesting turn of events happened, when two ‘quick fire’ goals were scored. Nana Poku scored for El-Maqassa in the 84th minute, before Don Bosco reduced the deficit four minutes later to make it 3-1.
El-Maqassa’s previous matches in the Confederation Cup were against Defense Force SC of Ethiopia, where they found success and progressed to the round of 32.
Misr El-Maqassa now go to the second leg with the 2-0 lead. A draw in the second leg will see them progress to the round of 16.