Al Ahly and Egypt’s U-20 national team forward Karim Nedved revealed that he...
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
VIDEO: Misr El-Maqassa defeat Don Bosco in Confederation Cup
Playing against CS Don Bosco of DR Congo, Misr El-Maqassa displayed a thrilling performance and won 3-1 in the first-leg of the round of 32 of the African Confederation Cup on Saturday.
With much pressure from El-Maqassa in the first half, the Egyptian side made it clear of their ambition in the Confederation Cup.
El-Maqassa’s main pressure points were coming from their right flanks, with numerous crosses inside the box and many cut-ins.
In the 17th minute, Amr Barakat received a pass inside the box and placed it beautifully in the top left corner to make it 1-0 for his side.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 12, 2016
The first half went on with continued pressure from El-Maqassa, and in the 41st minute, Mido Gaber doubled the lead for his side. Receiving an air ball down the flank, Mido fought for possession of the ball, and with a few step overs, cut inside the box and placed it beautifully in the bottom left corner to make it 2-0.
The second half began with El-Maqassa holding their position, with experimental plays coming from the midfield. With El-Maqassa’s solid performance in the first half, all that was left to do was to hold onto the 2-0 lead until the final whistle.
An interesting turn of events happened, when two ‘quick fire’ goals were scored. Nana Poku scored for El-Maqassa in the 84th minute, before Don Bosco reduced the deficit four minutes later to make it 3-1.
El-Maqassa’s previous matches in the Confederation Cup were against Defense Force SC of Ethiopia, where they found success and progressed to the round of 32.
Misr El-Maqassa now go to the second leg with the 2-0 lead. A draw in the second leg will see them progress to the round of 16.