Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Misr El-Maqassa defeat Don Bosco in Confederation Cup
Playing against CS Don Bosco of DR Congo, Misr El-Maqassa displayed a thrilling performance and won 3-1 in the first-leg of the round of 32 of the African Confederation Cup on Saturday.
With much pressure from El-Maqassa in the first half, the Egyptian side made it clear of their ambition in the Confederation Cup.
El-Maqassa’s main pressure points were coming from their right flanks, with numerous crosses inside the box and many cut-ins.
In the 17th minute, Amr Barakat received a pass inside the box and placed it beautifully in the top left corner to make it 1-0 for his side.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 12, 2016
The first half went on with continued pressure from El-Maqassa, and in the 41st minute, Mido Gaber doubled the lead for his side. Receiving an air ball down the flank, Mido fought for possession of the ball, and with a few step overs, cut inside the box and placed it beautifully in the bottom left corner to make it 2-0.
The second half began with El-Maqassa holding their position, with experimental plays coming from the midfield. With El-Maqassa’s solid performance in the first half, all that was left to do was to hold onto the 2-0 lead until the final whistle.
An interesting turn of events happened, when two ‘quick fire’ goals were scored. Nana Poku scored for El-Maqassa in the 84th minute, before Don Bosco reduced the deficit four minutes later to make it 3-1.
El-Maqassa’s previous matches in the Confederation Cup were against Defense Force SC of Ethiopia, where they found success and progressed to the round of 32.
Misr El-Maqassa now go to the second leg with the 2-0 lead. A draw in the second leg will see them progress to the round of 16.