Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Siasia excludes six players from Nigeria camp
Siasia has sent six players home from the team’s training camp in Abuja.
The released players are: Prince Aggrey, Chris Madaki, Hassan Ya’u, Ezekiel Bassey, Oke Ogagotewho and Bright Onyedikachi. The latter was sent to train with the Olympic squad.
“I have asked them to go because they did not measure up to the standard we want,” Siasia explained.
‘They have not shown enough verve to be in the Super Eagles, so we have asked them to go back to their respective clubs and work harder to be recalled next time,” he continued.
Siasia had earlier excluded defender Segun Oduduwa and midfielders Stanley Dimgba and Usman Mohammed last Wednesday, after the three reported late to the U23 team camp without prior permission from the coach.
Siasia concluded his remarks by making it clear that the remaining players should work harder, and he expects the best from all the players.
“Those that are left must work harder to remain with the team. National team’s demands are greater than club’s, so if you are invited to the Super Eagles, we expect to see the best of everyone.
It is worth noting that Siasia also slammed Nigeria’s home-based players after they struggled to a scoreless draw against Katsina United in a friendly game on Thursday.