Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Siasia excludes six players from Nigeria camp
Siasia has sent six players home from the team’s training camp in Abuja.
The released players are: Prince Aggrey, Chris Madaki, Hassan Ya’u, Ezekiel Bassey, Oke Ogagotewho and Bright Onyedikachi. The latter was sent to train with the Olympic squad.
“I have asked them to go because they did not measure up to the standard we want,” Siasia explained.
‘They have not shown enough verve to be in the Super Eagles, so we have asked them to go back to their respective clubs and work harder to be recalled next time,” he continued.
Siasia had earlier excluded defender Segun Oduduwa and midfielders Stanley Dimgba and Usman Mohammed last Wednesday, after the three reported late to the U23 team camp without prior permission from the coach.
Siasia concluded his remarks by making it clear that the remaining players should work harder, and he expects the best from all the players.
“Those that are left must work harder to remain with the team. National team’s demands are greater than club’s, so if you are invited to the Super Eagles, we expect to see the best of everyone.
It is worth noting that Siasia also slammed Nigeria’s home-based players after they struggled to a scoreless draw against Katsina United in a friendly game on Thursday.