Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Siasia excludes six players from Nigeria camp
Siasia has sent six players home from the team’s training camp in Abuja.
The released players are: Prince Aggrey, Chris Madaki, Hassan Ya’u, Ezekiel Bassey, Oke Ogagotewho and Bright Onyedikachi. The latter was sent to train with the Olympic squad.
“I have asked them to go because they did not measure up to the standard we want,” Siasia explained.
‘They have not shown enough verve to be in the Super Eagles, so we have asked them to go back to their respective clubs and work harder to be recalled next time,” he continued.
Siasia had earlier excluded defender Segun Oduduwa and midfielders Stanley Dimgba and Usman Mohammed last Wednesday, after the three reported late to the U23 team camp without prior permission from the coach.
Siasia concluded his remarks by making it clear that the remaining players should work harder, and he expects the best from all the players.
“Those that are left must work harder to remain with the team. National team’s demands are greater than club’s, so if you are invited to the Super Eagles, we expect to see the best of everyone.
It is worth noting that Siasia also slammed Nigeria’s home-based players after they struggled to a scoreless draw against Katsina United in a friendly game on Thursday.