Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Warda features as Panetolikos lose to PAOK
Just 22 minutes into the game, Stefanos Athanasiadis managed to break the deadlock making the scoreline one-nil.
Only six minutes before the half-time whistle, the same player managed to complete his brace extending PAOK’s lead. Just after conceding the goal, Amr Warda received a yellow card.
Things didn’t get better for the home side in the second-half, as substitute Nikos Korovesis scored his team’s third goal in the 69th minute, just ten minutes after coming off the bench.
At the 80 minutes mark, Amr Warda was replaced by Simos Rouboulakos. Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the final whistle.
Following the loss, Panetolikos remain in the tenth place with 31 points, while PAOK occupy the fourth position with 41 points.
It is worth mentioning that Warda’s side will host AEK Athens on March 20 in the 27th round of the Greek Super League.