A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Oboabona urges Nigeria to make utmost effort against Egypt
Super Eagles defender Godfrey Oboabona has urged his national team to make an utmost effort when they go on the battlefield with Egypt in the 2017 African cup of the Nations qualifiers encounter.
The Turkey-based defender joins a number of Nigeria players who are airing out their views on the forthcoming clash with the North Africans.
Oboabona reckons Egypt will go for his team’s throats to make it to the showpiece, having missed the previous three editions.
“We didn’t make it to the last AFCON and we know we can’t afford to miss out once again,” said Oboabona, as per Complete Sports Nigeria.
“The games against Egypt will be very tough and we must be ready to fight hard to beat them.
“They too are eager to qualify for AFCON as they missed out on the last couple of editions.
“I have no doubt we can beat them, but it is important we give our all in the games,” he conclude.
The Super Eagles of Nigeria who also failed to make it to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations host the Pharaohs of Egypt this month with the return fixture in Alexandria billed four days later.