Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Oboabona urges Nigeria to make utmost effort against Egypt
Super Eagles defender Godfrey Oboabona has urged his national team to make an utmost effort when they go on the battlefield with Egypt in the 2017 African cup of the Nations qualifiers encounter.
The Turkey-based defender joins a number of Nigeria players who are airing out their views on the forthcoming clash with the North Africans.
Oboabona reckons Egypt will go for his team’s throats to make it to the showpiece, having missed the previous three editions.
“We didn’t make it to the last AFCON and we know we can’t afford to miss out once again,” said Oboabona, as per Complete Sports Nigeria.
“The games against Egypt will be very tough and we must be ready to fight hard to beat them.
“They too are eager to qualify for AFCON as they missed out on the last couple of editions.
“I have no doubt we can beat them, but it is important we give our all in the games,” he conclude.
The Super Eagles of Nigeria who also failed to make it to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations host the Pharaohs of Egypt this month with the return fixture in Alexandria billed four days later.