An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Salah assists in Roma’s 2-1 win over Udinese
Roma went into the game in third place aiming to reduce the five-point gap between them and second-place Napoli, while Udinese were trying to move further away from the relegation zone.
The home side looked shaky and Roma successfully took advantage of that from the first minute.
In the third minute, Edin Dzeko headed a ball toward goal, but the Udinese keeper saved. Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan received the first booking of the game in the sixth minute for a bad tackle. Three minutes later, Diego Perotti almost opened the scoring from a counter attack that was led by Mohamed Salah, but the keeper saved the shot.
The home team’s first chance came in the 13th minute, but the forward’s shot went wide. Just one minute later, Mohamed Salah passed the ball to Dzeko, who calmly placed the ball to the right of the keeper. After conceding, the Udinese players pushed forward, increasing the tempo of the game. In the 17th minute, Seydou Keita became the second player to receive a yellow card.
Three minutes later, Stephan El-Shaarawy took a shot from inside the box, but it went wide. In the 38th minute, Salah attempted a shot from inside the box as well, but the keeper came out on top. The first half ended with the visitors ahead 1-0.
In the second half, Udinese took control of the match and had numerous chances on goal, but failed to score. Roma’s first chance of the second half came in the 64th minute when El-Shaarawy’s shot from outside the box was saved. Five minutes later, Salah almost recorded his second assist, but Florenzi’s shot didn’t find the net.
Miralem Pjanic replaced Stephan El-Shaarawy in the 70th minute, and four minutes later, assisted the ball to Florenzi, who’s low shot went in the goal. The game opened up more with both sides attempting to score.
In the 85th minute, Udinese pulled one back through Bruno Fernandes, but the goal wasn’t enough to incite a comeback.
With nine game weeks to play in the Serie A, Roma is now two points behind second place Napoli with the latter having a game in hand.