ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Fencing: Abouelkassem wins silver medal in Grand Prix
Egyptian fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem managed to achieve a silver medal after losing the final match in the men’s foil Grand Prix held in Havana, Cuba.
Abouelkassem lost 15-5 in the final match against his English counterpart.
The 25-year-old is hoping to carry out positive results in the upcoming period to qualify to the Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
Abouelkassem who was born in Setif, Algeria to an Algerian mother and an Egyptian father, previously won the first Olympic medal in fencing for a competitor representing an African country in the 2012 summer Olympics in London, after losing the final match and receiving the silver medal.