Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Fencing: Abouelkassem wins silver medal in Grand Prix
Egyptian fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem managed to achieve a silver medal after losing the final match in the men’s foil Grand Prix held in Havana, Cuba.
Abouelkassem lost 15-5 in the final match against his English counterpart.
The 25-year-old is hoping to carry out positive results in the upcoming period to qualify to the Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
Abouelkassem who was born in Setif, Algeria to an Algerian mother and an Egyptian father, previously won the first Olympic medal in fencing for a competitor representing an African country in the 2012 summer Olympics in London, after losing the final match and receiving the silver medal.