The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Fencing: Abouelkassem wins silver medal in Grand Prix
Egyptian fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem managed to achieve a silver medal after losing the final match in the men’s foil Grand Prix held in Havana, Cuba.
Abouelkassem lost 15-5 in the final match against his English counterpart.
The 25-year-old is hoping to carry out positive results in the upcoming period to qualify to the Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
Abouelkassem who was born in Setif, Algeria to an Algerian mother and an Egyptian father, previously won the first Olympic medal in fencing for a competitor representing an African country in the 2012 summer Olympics in London, after losing the final match and receiving the silver medal.