Mohamed Mamdouh Hashem, Pays d’Aix and Egypt’s National Handball team Pivot, spoke...
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I didn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
Fencing: Abouelkassem wins silver medal in Grand Prix
Egyptian fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem managed to achieve a silver medal after losing the final match in the men’s foil Grand Prix held in Havana, Cuba.
Abouelkassem lost 15-5 in the final match against his English counterpart.
The 25-year-old is hoping to carry out positive results in the upcoming period to qualify to the Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
Abouelkassem who was born in Setif, Algeria to an Algerian mother and an Egyptian father, previously won the first Olympic medal in fencing for a competitor representing an African country in the 2012 summer Olympics in London, after losing the final match and receiving the silver medal.