Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Ghazal puts in full shift as CD Nacional see off Rio Ave
Nacional moved from twelve to tenth position on the Primeira Liga log after edging Rio Ave 1-0 at Estadio Demadeira Sunday afternoon.
Egyptian midfielder Aly Ghazal yet again played 90 minutes, putting in a full shift for Nacional.
A strike by Cape Verde striker Ricardo Gomes was enough for the home side to walk away with all the spoils and move out of the bottom half.
Nacional were forced to withdraw Brazilian shotstopper Eduardo Gottardi for Rui Silva 21 minutes into the game. Seven minutes later Salvador Agro had his goal cancelled after the referee ruled it to be offside.
Both Rio Ave and Nacional fired blanks in the first half with the deadlock yet to be broken as of half-time recess.
Gomes put Nacional in the lead ten minutes into the second half which was the only goal of the game as Rio Ave failed to respond.
Next on the cards is Vitoria away to Nacional next week.