Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Ghazal puts in full shift as CD Nacional see off Rio Ave
Nacional moved from twelve to tenth position on the Primeira Liga log after edging Rio Ave 1-0 at Estadio Demadeira Sunday afternoon.
Egyptian midfielder Aly Ghazal yet again played 90 minutes, putting in a full shift for Nacional.
A strike by Cape Verde striker Ricardo Gomes was enough for the home side to walk away with all the spoils and move out of the bottom half.
Nacional were forced to withdraw Brazilian shotstopper Eduardo Gottardi for Rui Silva 21 minutes into the game. Seven minutes later Salvador Agro had his goal cancelled after the referee ruled it to be offside.
Both Rio Ave and Nacional fired blanks in the first half with the deadlock yet to be broken as of half-time recess.
Gomes put Nacional in the lead ten minutes into the second half which was the only goal of the game as Rio Ave failed to respond.
Next on the cards is Vitoria away to Nacional next week.