Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Ghazal puts in full shift as CD Nacional see off Rio Ave
Nacional moved from twelve to tenth position on the Primeira Liga log after edging Rio Ave 1-0 at Estadio Demadeira Sunday afternoon.
Egyptian midfielder Aly Ghazal yet again played 90 minutes, putting in a full shift for Nacional.
A strike by Cape Verde striker Ricardo Gomes was enough for the home side to walk away with all the spoils and move out of the bottom half.
Nacional were forced to withdraw Brazilian shotstopper Eduardo Gottardi for Rui Silva 21 minutes into the game. Seven minutes later Salvador Agro had his goal cancelled after the referee ruled it to be offside.
Both Rio Ave and Nacional fired blanks in the first half with the deadlock yet to be broken as of half-time recess.
Gomes put Nacional in the lead ten minutes into the second half which was the only goal of the game as Rio Ave failed to respond.
Next on the cards is Vitoria away to Nacional next week.