Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Ghazal puts in full shift as CD Nacional see off Rio Ave
Nacional moved from twelve to tenth position on the Primeira Liga log after edging Rio Ave 1-0 at Estadio Demadeira Sunday afternoon.
Egyptian midfielder Aly Ghazal yet again played 90 minutes, putting in a full shift for Nacional.
A strike by Cape Verde striker Ricardo Gomes was enough for the home side to walk away with all the spoils and move out of the bottom half.
Nacional were forced to withdraw Brazilian shotstopper Eduardo Gottardi for Rui Silva 21 minutes into the game. Seven minutes later Salvador Agro had his goal cancelled after the referee ruled it to be offside.
Both Rio Ave and Nacional fired blanks in the first half with the deadlock yet to be broken as of half-time recess.
Gomes put Nacional in the lead ten minutes into the second half which was the only goal of the game as Rio Ave failed to respond.
Next on the cards is Vitoria away to Nacional next week.