Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Koka makes sub appearance in heavy Braga loss
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ came on for the last 30 minutes, as Braga conceded three goals in quick succession in a 3-0 loss in the Portuguese Primeira Liga.
The game started well balanced with both teams edgy in the opening ten minutes.
The hosts started to threaten first when Caeiro’s header flew just over the crossbar. They threatened again soon after, but Andre Souza’s shot was off target after good work by the midfielder.
Belenenses were really starting to outplay the visitors and they soon had a good chance after when Souza’s cross found Sturgeon, who hit it right at Braga goalkeeper Marafona.
Braga did have a decent chance before the half though, as influential midfielder Alan let fly with a powerful shot, but Ventura was there to make a smart save.
The second half was a different story as Belenenses took advantage of their first half momentum and really blew the in-form Braga away.
It all started 10 minutes into the second half, when a dangerous cross into the box was flicked in by Goncalo Silva at the near post to give Belenenses the lead.
The second came soon after, and it was substitute Miguel Rosa who found the back of the net, with a close range header.
Braga were being torn apart and they needed a goal to save the game, but unfortunately for them the it was Belenenses who scored yet again; it was Caeiro’s header that sealed the points for the hosts.
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ did come on with half an hour to go, but he – unsuprisingly – could not salvage the game for Braga, who fell tamely to their fifth league defeat of the season. They remain in fourth place and trail Portugese giants Porto by 11 points in the league standings.