Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Koka makes sub appearance in heavy Braga loss
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ came on for the last 30 minutes, as Braga conceded three goals in quick succession in a 3-0 loss in the Portuguese Primeira Liga.
The game started well balanced with both teams edgy in the opening ten minutes.
The hosts started to threaten first when Caeiro’s header flew just over the crossbar. They threatened again soon after, but Andre Souza’s shot was off target after good work by the midfielder.
Belenenses were really starting to outplay the visitors and they soon had a good chance after when Souza’s cross found Sturgeon, who hit it right at Braga goalkeeper Marafona.
Braga did have a decent chance before the half though, as influential midfielder Alan let fly with a powerful shot, but Ventura was there to make a smart save.
The second half was a different story as Belenenses took advantage of their first half momentum and really blew the in-form Braga away.
It all started 10 minutes into the second half, when a dangerous cross into the box was flicked in by Goncalo Silva at the near post to give Belenenses the lead.
The second came soon after, and it was substitute Miguel Rosa who found the back of the net, with a close range header.
Braga were being torn apart and they needed a goal to save the game, but unfortunately for them the it was Belenenses who scored yet again; it was Caeiro’s header that sealed the points for the hosts.
Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ did come on with half an hour to go, but he – unsuprisingly – could not salvage the game for Braga, who fell tamely to their fifth league defeat of the season. They remain in fourth place and trail Portugese giants Porto by 11 points in the league standings.