Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Omar El Geziry settles for silver at Modern Pentathlon World Cup
Egyptian pentathlete Omar El Geziry won the silver medal at the second stage of the 2016 International Modern Pentathlon Union (UIPM) World Cup Series.
The Modern Pentathlon World Cup #2, which was held in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil ended on Monday, March 14 after it had started on March 8.
El Geziry won the silver medal with 1471 points after South Korea’s Woongtae Jun beat him to the gold medal, while Adam Marosi of Hungary came third.
El Geziry was one of four champions who managed to enjoy a clean run in the riding arena. He finished the swimming event with a time of 2:01.45 before earning 21 fencing bouts.
The 31-year-old champion went into the combined running and shooting competition with a four-second lead over Maksim Kustov of Russia. He, however, ended up finishing second behind Jun.
This is the second medal in a row for Egypt this season in a World Cup series, after Omar’s brother, Amro, won a gold medal in the World Cup #1 that was held in Egypt in February.
This tournament is considered one of the four big competitions in the game. The points collected by the players during the competition help the players improve their world rankings, which act as one of the qualification methods for the 2016 Rio Olympics.