Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Omar El Geziry settles for silver at Modern Pentathlon World Cup
Egyptian pentathlete Omar El Geziry won the silver medal at the second stage of the 2016 International Modern Pentathlon Union (UIPM) World Cup Series.
The Modern Pentathlon World Cup #2, which was held in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil ended on Monday, March 14 after it had started on March 8.
El Geziry won the silver medal with 1471 points after South Korea’s Woongtae Jun beat him to the gold medal, while Adam Marosi of Hungary came third.
El Geziry was one of four champions who managed to enjoy a clean run in the riding arena. He finished the swimming event with a time of 2:01.45 before earning 21 fencing bouts.
The 31-year-old champion went into the combined running and shooting competition with a four-second lead over Maksim Kustov of Russia. He, however, ended up finishing second behind Jun.
This tournament is considered one of the four big competitions in the game. The points collected by the players during the competition help the players improve their world rankings, which act as one of the qualification methods for the 2016 Rio Olympics.