Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Omar El Geziry settles for silver at Modern Pentathlon World Cup
Egyptian pentathlete Omar El Geziry won the silver medal at the second stage of the 2016 International Modern Pentathlon Union (UIPM) World Cup Series.
The Modern Pentathlon World Cup #2, which was held in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil ended on Monday, March 14 after it had started on March 8.
El Geziry won the silver medal with 1471 points after South Korea’s Woongtae Jun beat him to the gold medal, while Adam Marosi of Hungary came third.
El Geziry was one of four champions who managed to enjoy a clean run in the riding arena. He finished the swimming event with a time of 2:01.45 before earning 21 fencing bouts.
The 31-year-old champion went into the combined running and shooting competition with a four-second lead over Maksim Kustov of Russia. He, however, ended up finishing second behind Jun.
This is the second medal in a row for Egypt this season in a World Cup series, after Omar’s brother, Amro, won a gold medal in the World Cup #1 that was held in Egypt in February.
This tournament is considered one of the four big competitions in the game. The points collected by the players during the competition help the players improve their world rankings, which act as one of the qualification methods for the 2016 Rio Olympics.