The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
EXCLUSIVE | Siasia reveals Stanley & Moruf stance from Nigeria call-up
Super Eagles boss Samson Siasia confirms Egypt-based Nigerians are in the frame for a call-up to the national team.
Wadi Degla ace Stanley Ohawuchi and Zamalek maestro Moruf Yusuf have both been performing really well, in particularly the former, who has been scoring nonstop for Degla since his arrival to Egypt from Malta.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 6, 2016
Regarding a future call-up, Siasia told KingFut: “They have a chance of course. It takes time to watch all the players.
“We will watch everyone but it is a hard task to watch all players at the same time,” Siasia continued.
“As you saw, we called up a lot of players to our camp so everyone has a chance. We will definitely take a look at everyone but it is hard to look at all the players at the same time.
Siasia is assisted by former Zamalek and FC Barcelona star Emmanuel Amunike in his coaching staff and due to his experience in Egyptian football, it would’ve been of no doubt that he had passed on advice to the manager about football in Egypt.
“Of course, he knows you guys. He knows Egypt as he played there before. He knows you guys well so he has passed on some recommendations which will definitely help us,” Siasia told KingFut.
Nigeria are set to face Egypt on the 25th of March in Kaduna, before playing the return leg in Alexandria four days later.