Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Odion Ighalo denies injury, looking forward to Egypt
Nigeria striker Odion Ighalo has denied rumors suggesting he picked up an injury in Watford’s latest victory, and insists he will be ready for the upcoming matches vs Egypt.
The Nigeria international helped his side advance to the 2016 FA Cup semi-finals after beating Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal on Sunday. The 26-year-old striker scored Watford’s opener before being replaced by Moroccan winger Nordin Amrabat in the 82nd minute.
“It isn’t true that I was injured during the game and my substitution was just a precaution from the coach. I’m fit and there’s nothing to worry about,” Ighalo told Nigerian website CompleteSportsNigeria.
“We shouldn’t disappoint the fans. The win is very important to us and it will increase our chances. Qualifying for the African Cup of Nations is a priority for us,” Ighalo added.
It worth mentioning that Nigeria host Egypt on 25th of March in Kaduna, before they meet again in Alexandria four days later.
Egypt lead qualifying Group G with six points, two points ahead of the Super Eagles, as the former side aim to qualify to the AFCON for the first time since 2010.