Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Odion Ighalo denies injury, looking forward to Egypt
The Nigeria international helped his side advance to the 2016 FA Cup semi-finals after beating Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal on Sunday. The 26-year-old striker scored Watford’s opener before being replaced by Moroccan winger Nordin Amrabat in the 82nd minute.
“It isn’t true that I was injured during the game and my substitution was just a precaution from the coach. I’m fit and there’s nothing to worry about,” Ighalo told Nigerian website CompleteSportsNigeria.
“We shouldn’t disappoint the fans. The win is very important to us and it will increase our chances. Qualifying for the African Cup of Nations is a priority for us,” Ighalo added.
It worth mentioning that Nigeria host Egypt on 25th of March in Kaduna, before they meet again in Alexandria four days later.
Egypt lead qualifying Group G with six points, two points ahead of the Super Eagles, as the former side aim to qualify to the AFCON for the first time since 2010.