Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Odion Ighalo denies injury, looking forward to Egypt
The Nigeria international helped his side advance to the 2016 FA Cup semi-finals after beating Mohamed Elneny’s Arsenal on Sunday. The 26-year-old striker scored Watford’s opener before being replaced by Moroccan winger Nordin Amrabat in the 82nd minute.
“It isn’t true that I was injured during the game and my substitution was just a precaution from the coach. I’m fit and there’s nothing to worry about,” Ighalo told Nigerian website CompleteSportsNigeria.
“We shouldn’t disappoint the fans. The win is very important to us and it will increase our chances. Qualifying for the African Cup of Nations is a priority for us,” Ighalo added.
It worth mentioning that Nigeria host Egypt on 25th of March in Kaduna, before they meet again in Alexandria four days later.
Egypt lead qualifying Group G with six points, two points ahead of the Super Eagles, as the former side aim to qualify to the AFCON for the first time since 2010.